Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-9 6-4, 7 day any bull season mid October

6-9 6-4, 7 day any bull season mid October

I've not been west of Prince George.
    anyone have any comments south and west of Houston for the 7 day any bull moose season in
    6-9 & 6-4

MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED.
    has anyone got thoughts on further north.?
    Last edited by Leveraction; 09-25-2017 at 09:01 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-9 6-4, 7 day any bull season mid October

Rugged and over populated with people under populated with moose

Rumors are, the moose population is not fairing too well in the bulkley valley. My personal experience over the last 8 or 9 years, and that of my father-in laws based on his decades of experience hunting all around there is, the rumors are holding water. That said, you can't win if you don't enter. Some people do quite well with immature bulls in the southern half of the province, but you have to find the honey holes of moose. Added bonus is, you're hunting both white tails and mulies down here. Up north, mulies close on the 19th of October, and I've yet to see a whitey in my travels. Good luck.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I spent 5 days around 6-09 hunting my early draw, all I seen was a cow/calf, and no fresh sign. Iv spent my whole life here, years ago, moose came easy, these days, there's not much around. I usually get quite a few bulls throughout the summer on my moose cam, this year Iv only gotten one.

Numbers are definetly low, but a guy never knows unless he tries eh.

Best advice i can give for the gos, is get away from any road or quad trail, expect to cut trail or pack a moose out, chances of seeing one where there's any vehicle or off road vehicle access, is pretty slim.

A boat or canoe is a good way to hunt the gos.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I spent 5 days around 6-09 hunting my early draw, all I seen was a cow/calf, and no fresh sign. Iv spent my whole life here, years ago, moose came easy, these days, there's not much around. I usually get quite a few bulls throughout the summer on my moose cam, this year Iv only gotten one.

Best advice i can give for the gos, is get away from any road or quad trail, expect to cut trail or pack a moose out, chances of seeing one where there's any vehicle or off road vehicle access, is pretty slim.

What decker said
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post

I'm with Decker. My cousins have lived 40+ years in Houston. The one who hauls logs has seen 1 bull this fall at night in 6-08. I just spent 5 days on the Morice River. No moose, no sign. Did see 3 elk, though no season.

6-04 slim pickings for the last couple of years .lots of hunters

6-8,6-9,6-4 all the same story. Been here my entire life and see half as many animals as each prior year. Lots of bears and wolves though

Yup low numbers not talking just during hunting season or sightings talking year round lack of sign and sightings.

was once a fair to good area for moose hunting but last 5 years not so much. These days when we see a moose we call them unicorns or dinosaurs

There's lots of moose out there ... just harder to hunt with all the wolves and bears hounding them.

Get away from the roads and hunt hard. Cold mornings are the key.