Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New hunter in Squamish

Re: New hunter in Squamish

Care for anther set of eyes and rifle? Looking to get a bear around Squamish as well, just dont know the area. May just drive around the back roads till i find a half decent place to hike in at.

Hey. I live in White Rock but I'm looking to go out to squamish this fall

I took a drive out the Squamish Valley a couple days ago. Lots of decent area to hunt spring bear up there. There are more roads and cutblocks to explore off the Squamish as compared to the Ashlu road. I haven't been up the Elaho in a couple years but there was a big fire there a couple years ago so I imagine there is a fair bit of open terrain. I'd estimate the snowline at about 2500'. Runoff is pretty heavy, washouts a pretty high probability.

I didn't see any bear sign but there is grass starting to grow on south and west facing slopes. Just a matter of time now.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Haleyelizabeth View Post
    Hey. I live in White Rock but I'm looking to go out to squamish this fall
    Plan on a fall bear hunt here as well as weekend Blacktail hunts. Could always use an extra set of eyes.

New hunter in Vancouver here. Would love to connect with anyone in the Squamish area or someone looking to get up there.

Two years of backcountry experience under my belt, a year of archery (I'm a bowhunter), and the rest of my gear, tags, and licenses ready to go!

Me and a friend of mine are documenting our newbie hunting experiences over at chasingfood.club if anyone wants to connect there as well.

Cheers,

Jarid

Quote Originally Posted by jaridwarren View Post
    New hunter in Vancouver here. Would love to connect with anyone in the Squamish area or someone looking to get up there.

Two years of backcountry experience under my belt, a year of archery (I'm a bowhunter), and the rest of my gear, tags, and licenses ready to go!

Me and a friend of mine are documenting our newbie hunting experiences over at chasingfood.club if anyone wants to connect there as well.

Cheers,

Jarid
    hey jarid:

checked out your website

interesting to see where you have come from and what you guys are going to accomplish

good luck

will look fwd to updates

chris

Quote Originally Posted by whognu View Post
    hey jarid:

checked out your website

interesting to see where you have come from and what you guys are going to accomplish

good luck

will look fwd to updates

chris
    Thanks brother... looking forward to the journey.
    IG: @jaridwarren

whognu is usually a pretty sage person so I clicked on it too. Very interesting. I'm an entrepreneur/Silicon Valley refugee myself. Happy to help out in this area. Send me a PM to coordinate.
    Last edited by albravo2; 05-01-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

If its not too much of a Hijack - I am also Vancouver based, new, but eager to learn, tag along, all my hunting was done is Australia though so a little different!