Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

Hey guys i dont know if its just me or not but i have hunted every fri-mon of September and got alot of miles on my boots and truck i have seen very few deer sometimes none at all what are you guys noticing this year!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by mulieaddiction View Post
    Hey guys i dont know if its just me or not but i have hunted every fri-mon of September and got alot of miles on my boots and truck i have seen very few deer sometimes none at all what are you guys noticing this year!
    Depends on where you were hunting. We've seen a fair number of deer in region 8, and we've got two black-tails this Friday in region 2. So, deer are there.

We've been hunting Trail to Cranbrook and seen the same thing. Very, very few mule deer and the whitetail slightly better. All our hunting and cameras show no mature muley bucks and half starved does. Same goes for elk - very few mature ones. Moose numbers down too with no calves seen.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Wait until November...every year it seems I see less and less until the big boys suddenly show up and want some action with the girls....

I've seen plenty of WT's, but that's typical in early season. Haven't done a Muley hunt yet, but soon. Just gotta know where and how to look.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Big boys moving only at dark....they like to keep they racs,,,and no holes on hide

Weird year weather wise. We saw about 1/10 the deer we normally see during the youth season.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

^^^^I also believe weather has been playing a role in sightings...it was really warm until a week or so ago...my sightings down a bit, but the sign is there so I believe just more night time movement...and a 4 day hunt in R4 mid September I saw lots of deer, bucks just reluctant to come out..

I agree. Our usual place where we see lots of mule deer every time we go in, had none this year and very little sign.

How much wolf and other predator sign are you guys seeing?

I'm hearing more game is near human habitation for perceived protection than there is in the bush.