Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Re: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Just my 2 cent worth, I think it great that cattles are in forest. Look at all the poo and pee the cattles release I am sure it provides good organic nutrition to plants and trees.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

If you ranchers could make gates that are easier to close you'd probably have way less left open.

I've seen some real sh** fences that have taken me 5 minutes of wrangling the high strung barbed wire to get it to close.

I can totally see why people would just say "fu** it" and drive off.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    If you ranchers could make gates that are easier to close you'd probably have way less left open.

I've seen some real sh** fences that have taken me 5 minutes of wrangling the high strung barbed wire to get it to close.

I can totally see why people would just say "fu** it" and drive off.
    No way. No-one should go through a gate and not re-attach it immediately after proceeding through. I am not
    a rancher, but a hunter. 5 minutes is OK if needed, I know there are some real abortions out there regarding gates, wired, wrapped numerous times, etc. But, someone did that for a reason, and you should have the respect enough to return it to its original state, before you got there.

^ and they should have the respect not to rape my precious away-from-work time by making a proper gate.

What? Now we want the ranchers pissed off at hunters. I can see why all the old timers have left HBC. Some people on here are their own worst selfish enemies!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    ^ and they should have the respect not to rape my precious away-from-work time by making a proper gate.
    Most of mine are steel. Chain around the post and they actually swing. Some still don't have the time to close them. 4 rail barways in good condition seem to be troublesome also.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I pay the govt. over $12,000 per year to use that grass. How much do you pay to leave ruts all over?
    It's called respect Dave... similar to common sense, it's becoming a super power.

Rather than thinking about protecting your investment people bitch cause of the inconvenience of having to open a gate....

3 ranch hands in a truck... who is the true cowboy???

The one in the middle.. don't need to drive and don't need to mess with gates..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Not a big fan of cattle in the bush but it's a legal right of the rancher just like its legal for us to be out hunting. You may not want to see cattle in the bush but there is people who don't want hunters in the bush either.

As for the gate issue if it was worth your effort to open the gate it's worth your effort to close it

Play nice people and share the sand box

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    It's called respect Dave... similar to common sense, it's becoming a super power.

Rather than thinking about protecting your investment people bitch cause of the inconvenience of having to open a gate....

3 ranch hands in a truck... who is the true cowboy???

The one in the middle.. don't need to drive and don't need to mess with gates..
    True. Most who I come in contact with have both. As with ranchers, it is those without either attribute that make things difficult for the rest of us.

Two most common ideas are..

From the hunter side...... " Greedy Pr!$&s, they have all that land and won't let anyone on it."

From the rancher side. " I don't want any of those disrespectful idiots near anything that is mine."

Sad things have gotten this way but I do see both sides. Still going to stand on my side of the line until one from the other side proves different from the multitudes. Lots of you on here from both kinds.

I think that if someone has an issue closing a gate because it is too difficult to do, then they are pretty self centered. I can't imagine how much effort must be involved in opening some of these troublesome gates. In the future they should save themselves the headache and turn around and not bother dealing with the problem gate in the first place. good grief Charlie brown