Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Re: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Spy, pull your head out of the toilet.
    FYI, I wrote you of as being in the same class as the antis a long time ago.
    As for any reference to you in this thread I might have made, it was only in relationship to conspiracy theories, something you seem to have a phobia for.
    I believe Troy was the guy that started down the conspiracy road in this thread when Jesse was questioned on his salary.
    Spin it man, spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Spy, pull your head out of the toilet.
    FYI, I wrote you of as being in the same class as the antis a long time ago.
    As for any reference to you in this thread I might have made, it was only in relationship to conspiracy theories, something you seem to have a phobia for.
    I believe Troy was the guy that started down the conspiracy road in this thread when Jesse was questioned on his salary.
    Spin it man, spin it.
    Looks like I touched a nerve ;/) You do know that if you guides had not stolen from Resident Hunters we would not have had our protest and Weaver and Horigan would not have wanted to shut you down But hey like I said before keep on blowing up the bridges it looks good on you

Cattle ranges .....not innocent but not ****ed either......
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Looks like I touched a nerve ;/) You do know that if you guides had not stolen from Resident Hunters we would not have had our protest and Weaver and Horigan would not have wanted to shut you down But hey like I said before keep on blowing up the bridges it looks good on you
    LMAO, Spy you don't have a clue what goes on in wildlife politics. ��

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    LMAO, Spy you don't have a clue what goes on in wildlife politics. ��
    Fair enough, are you willing to fill us in? (as in the general pop of this forum)

Hmmm, probably not?... #circlingyourwagons
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

What a shit show

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Gcreek:

"Try using a little imagination Rob."

I'm asking for science and you're saying "imagination and anecdotal evidence is better than science, because science is, like, Al Gore".

Stop digging. Al Gore isn't anymore science than Miley Cyrus. They're both imagination and anecdote. Line up with them if you like, but I'll stick with science.

Remember that you can always say "I've heard it said and believe it to be true, and my anecdotal experience seems to confirm it, that cattle on the range, in controlled circumstances, are beneficial to wildlife, but I don't have any scientific studies to back me up". That saves you from trying to argue that science is bullshit or arguing with people that like science the your opinion is more valuable. It may well be that range practices in BC are beneficial to wildlife. It is incontrovertible that range practices in many parts of the world have (in some cases irreparably) destroyed habitat.

I did what I asked you to do. I googled "
    do cattle damage wildlife habitat scientific articles". First thing I found?

"We found more negative (n = 86) than positive (n = 34) ungulate responses overall, however, most studies have been on browsers and mixed feeders, namely deer and elk,..." (http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10...6/11/11/113003)

To be fair, the same piece also said "
    Grazing by livestock generally reduces quantity, but sometimes improves quality of vegetation by removing old forage and stimulating new growth (Georgiadis et al1989). Therefore, the effect of livestock grazing on native herbivores can be negative, through exploitative competition, or positive, as a result of facilitation. Wild herbivores of differing body sizes are predicted to respond differently to this tradeoff between forage quantity, quality, and predation (Hopcraft et al2010, 2012)."

From another source: "
    Anderson (1989) points out that removal of livestock grazing can also have substantially negative impacts on some wildlife populations." (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...50742416300768" ; The same source also says:

"
    Trampling of sensitive plants, pegging of wet ground, slumping of streambanks, impacts on aquatic flora and fauna, and changes to hydrology and stream channel morphology may be quite negative (Belsky et al., 1999; Fleischner, 1994; George et al., 2004) if livestock presence is not well managed (Bush and Ptak, 2006)."

"
    However,application of controlled livestock grazinghas the potential to provide a management tool that canenhancehabitat for a wide array of wildlife (SeversonandUrness 1994). We simply need to explore the possibilitiesrather than reiterate the negatives of livestock grazing." (https://journals.uair.arizona.edu/index.php/rangelands/article/download/.../1057.

It's not too tough to find the stuff. The conclusion is a little more complex than you might like, of course, but it's a little more convincing than "it's been proven that removing cattle from the range reduces wildlife populations. Use your imagination". Point being, if you're the guy making the claim, and making it stridently, back it up or be prepared to face reasonable pushback. It seems clear that grazing, when managed well, can deliver net benefits. It can also damage habitat. We aren't exactly the best habitat protectors in BC, in case you didn't notice.

If you go back through my posts on this thread I think you will find most of my anecdotal statements pretty much in agreeance with most of your links.

I did give Al Gore as an example as even science can be skewed to agree with some researchers opinions. Some, not all.

Why would I have to search this out when I have been living, observing and dealing with the consequences of this kind of thing my entire life?

When I used the term "it's been proven" I was referring to several instances that I have been told of that were used as experimental by those in charge and are still being used today. Sorry if you can't take my word for it.

Have you Googled Nature Conservancy for any info? I haven't the time or inclination to do it.

FWIW, I think you are one of the calmer truth seekers on here and respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    May I have this statement clarified? My reading of this gives me the assumption that BCWF supported the grizzly hunt ban.....................

If you didn't mean it that way, please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellfried View Post
    What a shit show
    What a, "shit show", is also, and can be? "extremely important"....
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    What a, "shit show", is also, and can be? "extremely important"....

Yup, you pegged it right on the money. Amazing what comes out of pockets in the wash cycle.