Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Re: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Anecdotal is great, empirical slightly better.

If grazing was a great things land acquisition conservation orgs would have grazing as part of their purchase agreement - they don't. Most have agreements that don't allow grazing, others grandfather it out, and some keep it.

Anecdotal evidence is great, empirical is better.

When the ecologists are saying that nearly all of the highly quality forage in their study areas is gone after august due to cattle I would say we have an issue.

You assertion is when cattle goes so does wildlife with the implication cattle was good for 'deer food'. There isn't much evidence to support that.

Your tunnel vision is getting the best of you Jesse.

If you don't get a bunch of wolves and bears dealt with your habitat just as well be cow feed. At least Cattlemen are dealing with that problem. Is BCFW helping foot that bill at all? Maybe adding a voice? Or are you protecting them also?

Shakes head, and walks away.......
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Shakes head, and walks away.......

Touchy or what? Did I strike a little too close to the truth?

gcreek
    As stated previously by myself....I dont have a problem with cattle ranging, I have a problem with cattle ranging in critical mule deer wintering habitat. Now I have a problem with a cattlemans air of entitlement.
    I dont know goatguy, I'm not a member of the BCWF, never was nor will be, so its not that. My observations are that goatguy has always made himself available and promply provided facts and has pointed enquiring minds in the right direction to research for themselves, throwing no stones in the process.
    Interesting how cattle are helping game pops, cattle ranchers contribute about as much to wildlife initiatives as do forest companies, which is FA.
    I get my info from different sources and draw my own conclusions, cows shit and piss in the watersheds all over this province, spread invasive weeds, overgraze wintering area's, and give back nothing to the common man and do nothing for game and I doubt very much any r.p.biologist would encourage cattle ranging freely on crown land, especially wintering area's.
    Alot of folks will point out that is what Alberta and Saskatchewan is for.

The cattleman are only protecting the problem immediately effecting their herd, not actively seeking out wolves. If i see a wolf, it gets dealt with. Same same, wheres my badge of honor geek?
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

I heard Roche Lake Provincial Park, is being renamed to, Cow Pie...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by RadHimself View Post
    The cattleman are only protecting the problem immediately effecting their herd, not actively seeking out wolves. If i see a wolf, it gets dealt with. Same same, wheres my badge of honor geek?
    When you get to over 100 let me know, you will be starting to catch up with my incidental kills. Are you thinking the whole packs cattle/predation mitigators are removing aren't eating moose?

Hoping also your name spelling was a misprint.

Right on gcreek ! Most on here don't have a clue ..... not sure how all this whining came from a question about when cattle should be off their summer leases ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Right on gcreek ! Most on here don't have a clue ..... not sure how all this whining came from a question about when cattle should be off their summer leases ?

Thank you sir.

This thread is quite the shit show.
    What started out with an OP thrown out by someone that either doesn't understand or respect rights that are tied to a grazing lease turns into tears over hard to open gates, cows in creeks and cattle eradicating deer winter range.
    We even have Troy Halliday, the BCWF ex access committee chair throwing out allegations that Glaicar and myself are conspiring with gcreek. Good one Troy, you must be drinking the same hallucination liquid that Spy gets into.
    Jesse, while your digging thru your paper pile...post the results of the water contamination complaint filed on Coldstream Ranch a few years ago. Didn't cows get initially blamed for that and further testing results found it to be canine, ungulate and human feces that were the culprits.
    Now let's take a look at deer winter range.
    A good example is Empire Valley, historically on of BC's greatest mule deer areas.
    Deer populations remained high while Empire Valley Ranch maintained a cow herd that was 10 times what it is today.
    The government stepped in, bought the ranch.
    Part of it became protected grasslands, the cow numbers were lowered to a fraction and hard core management practices were one of the lease stipulation to the present operator.
    What happened to the increase in deer we should have seen?
    Lets see the science.
    Remember Jesse, as I have told you, science is only as good as who compiled it....we see that every day with the steady stream of propaganda fed by the anti hunting groups thru their pretend scientists.
    Keep burning bridges boys.....you've pissed off the guides...you aren't gaining many points with FN's...and now you're feeding a rift towards cattle producers...one day the smoke will clear and some of your support team will see thru the BS.
    Last edited by bearvalley; 09-29-2017 at 08:47 AM.