Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Re: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

I always close the gates after I go through em, usually with my own 4-5' of chain and heavy duty lock(cows can't break em). It's way quicker than dealing with a piece of sh&^ gate and I don't waste my hunting time. I always collect my chain and lock and the end of the day and after hunting I have a few more minutes to try and close the gate with the original set up that was there in the morning. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Not so much in response to the OP but to the anti-cow sentiment. Perhaps you are overlooking the necessity of these cattle? There are a lot of people to feed in this province, it's not sustainable if all of them go hunting. Those cattle could get raised in feedlots I guess but people don't seem to like that either and it would mean a lot more land getting put into crops.
    Put another way, if each of those cows were taken off the range and replaced with another hunter (or two) do you think the hunting situation would be better?
    You're absolutely right about the necessity of cattle to feed the masses and I'm not against the industry. I have family and friends that are ranchers, I even called one a farmer and I'm still alive. I just believe there should be some type of regulation with open range cattle around riparian areas on leased lands. That's my opinion in what I have experienced in the field located in cattle leased areas.

IMO, it's no different than the salmon farming industry. I do believe they have a place in today's society as the wild stocks cannot be sustained to feed the masses. I do believe they should be farmed inland instead of the ocean. Will it happen, I doubt it as open water farming is big business as is the cattle ranching as is oil and gas as in forestry and the list continues.

I don't know what Jesse makes for a wage, but I do know that he took a significant wage cut to come and work for the fed, and I also know that at $500 a day or whatever it is, doesn't matter, BCWF members are getting a hell of a deal. There are very few people that question his pay cheque, and those that do are some of the most ignorant folks on the planet. Your comment would suggest that you fall into that category as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Try the old Circle X Ranch at Tatlayoko, Try Pine Butte Ranch at Cranbrook. Try several properties in the flatlands. You should do more research for your $500 a day Jesse.
    Last edited by Whonnock Boy; 09-27-2017 at 11:37 PM.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I don't know what Jesse makes for a wage, but I do know that he took a significant wage cut to come and work for the fed, and I also know that at $500 a day or whatever it is, doesn't matter, BCWF members are getting a hell of a deal. There are very few people that question his pay cheque, and those that do are some of the most ignorant folks on the planet. Your comment would suggest that you fall into that category as well.
    I will play by the same sandbox rules as the other fellow dictates. You call me a liar and I will bite back. Same as most would.

Some don't care to look at all the facts, only the ones that push their agenda.

Touchy or what? No one implied you were lying, just questioning where your point of view came from
    You stated so-called facts without giving any support

Been here almost 40 years, yes, observations become knowledge, knowledge becomes belief. Something 6 or 7 years in a class room and more years behind a desk won't give you.
    The rest of us can be thankful of that
    Last edited by boxhitch; 09-28-2017 at 06:25 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Touchy or what? No one implied you were lying, just questioning where your point of view came from
    You stated so-called facts without giving any support

The rest of us can be thankful of that
    Touchy yes.

Mr. Zeeman has called me a lier a couple times. I'm not in awe of his position, education or connections like some are. As stated, I have observed and experienced a fair amount by being here. His desk job doesn't allow the same kind of experience.

Interesting how many "experts" refuse to acknowledge "anecdotal" evidence. Preferring to believe other "experts" with brief encounters in the wild and biased viws of how things should be. Contrary to what most think of me, everyone has a right as long as we play by the rules.

Pretty funny..... There is a difference between being "in awe", and just having a ton of respect for somebody. Have you even met the man, or are you just basing your thoughts on information fed to you from Gilson and Glaicar?

"Biased views of how things should be"? Like more wildlife and better habitat? How are things working out for our Province currently?

Touchy yes.

Mr. Zeeman has called me a lier a couple times. I'm not in awe of his position, education or connections like some are. As stated, I have observed and experienced a fair amount by being here. His desk job doesn't allow the same kind of experience.

Interesting how many "experts" refuse to acknowledge "anecdotal" evidence. Preferring to believe other "experts" with brief encounters in the wild and biased viws of how things should be. Contrary to what most think of me, everyone has a right as long as we play by the rules.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Another area that needs looking at, the top of Taylor creek... How big is that authorized grazy lease? The Chambers got cattle up in the alpine up there as well

i find it hilarious that all these back country grazing leases in the interior are all held by big money families and companies... The "Ol Boys Club" needs a kick in the ass
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

They are owned by Nature Conservancy Canada. Don't believe I mentioned the Feds at all.

I also mentioned controlled grazing, not the kind some ranches seem to get away with. I would rather have my calves grow every day, not spend the last weeks out licking the 3rd crop of moss off the rocks.

Been here almost 40 years, yes, observations become knowledge, knowledge becomes belief. Something 6 or 7 years in a class room and more years behind a desk won't give you.
    Anecdotal is great, empirical slightly better.

If grazing was a great things land acquisition conservation orgs would have grazing as part of their purchase agreement - they don't. Most have agreements that don't allow grazing, others grandfather it out, and some keep it.

Anecdotal evidence is great, empirical is better.

When the ecologists are saying that nearly all of the highly quality forage in their study areas is gone after august due to cattle I would say we have an issue.

You assertion is when cattle goes so does wildlife with the implication cattle was good for 'deer food'. There isn't much evidence to support that.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Pretty funny..... There is a difference between being "in awe", and just having a ton of respect for somebody. Have you even met the man, or are you just basing your thoughts on information fed to you from Gilson and Glaicar?

"Biased views of how things should be"? Like more wildlife and better habitat? How are things working out for our Province currently?

Have you not noticed I make my own assumptions and opinions? Don't need any help.

I do respect what those with passion do in their work, I don't always have to agree with it but do respect. Just as I do Joe Alphonse.

I find it interesting that those in power and those with influence do everything for habitat and hunting restrictions in the book and continually refuse to act on the predator issue. BC Cattlemen's Asso. is the only group ACTIVELY making an attempt to deal with problem wolves and other predators.

Why does BCFW not pick up the ball and join in? Are you trying to save them too?