Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Re: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

I dont have a problem with cattle ranging on crown land, I have a problem with cattle ranging in critical mule deer wintering habitat, and shouldn't be there, simple.
    I would rather have no cattle ranging but, we all gotta get along.

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Nobody gives 2 shits how much you pay. Still dont belong there.
    Nice! 12,000 is puppy piss.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    If it is a true grazing lease and not a grazing permit it is to be treated exactly as PRIVATE land. You DO NOT have any rights or authorization to access/use said land without direct permission from the owner/lease holder (I would get written and signed). I'm assuming you are talking about the lower parts of Noble Lake and O'connor Lake FSRs. The first 8 - 9km of each is basically private property now. He can have his cattle there year round if he wants and even if no cattle are present it is to be considered private land for all intensive purposes. Now, in saying this, I believe the original lease holder sold the ranch etc and I was lead to believe the government would no longer allow leases so how the new owner still has the lease I'm not sure as I would have expected the lease to be rescinded when changing hands. All of this is based on what land titles office and COs have told me so don't beat me up if it's wrong. I thought the original rancher/leasee was a d*** the new ones even worse...
    Ya that's exactly where I'm talking about. Thanks for the info, I'm still gonna hunt there that rancher IS a dickhead I met him once when I wasn't even hunting. If he finds me he can suck a poop and go whine about it cuz that dumb fat **** will never catch an athletic hunter lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Ya that's exactly where I'm talking about. Thanks for the info, I'm still gonna hunt there that rancher IS a dickhead I met him once when I wasn't even hunting. If he finds me he can suck a poop and go whine about it cuz that dumb fat **** will never catch an athletic hunter lol.

It is attitudes like yours that screw it for every hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    None of those have Federal endorsement - while grazing exists it's not "proven that wildlife will dissappear without grazing" as you assert.

Unfortunately that is not what we are seeing in other conservation properties in BC. We are building cattle exclusion fences on a number of conservation properties & on crown land to mitigate the negative effects of cattle (and quads) on sensitive and over-grazed habitat.

As said three times now, grazing in moderation works. Not an 'anti-cow' guy, just think we should stick to reality.

As said we went through this exercise two years ago to find one example where grazing increased wildlife values/habitat. There was not one example provided- not one, and that issue traveled the province with habitat and range staff. The research we have indicates the opposite. There is significant concern from habitat ecologists around livestock/habitat and in particular mule deer interaction in BC. Some of the research sites have shown significant over-grazing, including deciduous shrubs (deer food) being grazed to 'ground zero' every summer.

Finally, if grazing were such a positive net benefit land conservancy organizations would be purchasing properties while ensuring cattle grazing remains in perpituity. Most of the agreements are grand-fathered whereby once the current 'family' passes on the cows are removed, OR grazing is not permitted on these properties at all. There are always exceptions, but the "rule" is not to allow grazing on conservation lands over the long-term.

This seems to be more of a beliefs based argument. Basing your argument on beliefs while ignoring the science doesn't really make for a compelling case.

They are owned by Nature Conservancy Canada. Don't believe I mentioned the Feds at all.

I also mentioned controlled grazing, not the kind some ranches seem to get away with. I would rather have my calves grow every day, not spend the last weeks out licking the 3rd crop of moss off the rocks.

Been here almost 40 years, yes, observations become knowledge, knowledge becomes belief. Something 6 or 7 years in a class room and more years behind a desk won't give you.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Nice! 12,000 is puppy piss.
    How much do you make on welfare?

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Nobody gives 2 shits how much you pay. Still dont belong there.

Most of us could give 2 shits what you think either. If it weren't for logging roads you would be a vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Popcorn reload time...
    LOL, did you restock?

Funny how the good ones show themselves and the turds eventually sink and flush.

When you come for coffee, bring Big Lew, horshur and a couple others. My treat with the whiskey. Don't think most of these twits have let the milk diet go yet. LOL

He doesn't have to catch you. He'll call the COS and they'll have to waste time following up... and there's a couple of them that'll give you a run for your money.

Why not just go outside the grazing lease? Same area, same deer. Why would you want to hunt, knowing it could cause more problems. The guy can be a dick because he deals with s**theads all the time. Iv met him too, seemed like a reasonable guy.
    Close gates and respect property and leases, it's more fun when everyone gets along.