Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Re: anyone know when the cattle in Reg 3 have to be in by?

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Anyone know when hunting season is over? Getting annoyed with trespassers and dickheads leaving my gates open. Does that sound as nice as your post?
    Ha ha, now thats funny! How many ranchers trying to make a living have lost cattle or horses to morons and dip shits...

Survival Bill

Join DateDec 2004

Nov 1st...

So if you see a cow are they not then a non-native invasive pest species just saying

REALLY. MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST STAY HOME!! just saying.

****in cattle... dont belong in the forest
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Quote Originally Posted by RadHimself View Post
    ****in cattle... dont belong in the forest
    I pay the govt. over $12,000 per year to use that grass. How much do you pay to leave ruts all over?

Anyone know when hunting season is over? Getting annoyed with trespassers and dickheads leaving my gates open. Does that sound as nice as your post?

That right there is why we need a "Like" button on this forum!

I'm sure if the ranchers had the power to close all leased land to the public they would.

If I had the power I would make sure all riparian areas inside the leased areas be fenced and free of cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    That right there is why we need a "Like" button on this forum!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbow View Post
    I'm sure if the ranchers had the power to close all leased land to the public they would.

If I had the power I would make sure all riparian areas inside the leased areas be fenced and free of cattle.
    It has been proven time and again that where cattle are not, the wildlife soon leaves also. It has to do with keeping plants young and fresh.

Some changes due to Forestry rules but it once meant ranchers could burn range in the spring to get rid of old grass and brush growth to make room for new but that hasn't happened much in the last 25 years or so. Part of the reason moose have left for the prairies? Part of the reason for the mega fires this year?

If cattle weren't in those areas I doubt you would be able to walk through them.

You entitled folk need to sit back and think about your comments before you put your comments in gear.

It has been proven time and again that where cattle are not, the wildlife soon leaves also. It has to do with keeping plants young and fresh.

Some changes due to Forestry rules but it once meant ranchers could burn range in the spring to get rid of old grass and brush growth to make room for new but that hasn't happened much in the last 25 years or so. Part of the reason moose have left for the prairies? Part of the reason for the mega fires this year?

If cattle weren't in those areas I doubt you would be able to walk through them.

You entitled folk need to sit back and think about your comments before you put your comments in gear.
    Can you produce scientific data to back this up or is this your observation? I'm discussing the riparian areas, not the entire land scape.

I guess I'm just as entitled as you, just a different scope.

Tim it is ridiculous to even imagine your suggestion..fencing riparian further fragments habitat and can you imagine the costs? As well current strategy with riparian is to leave timber as reserve..timber left next to creek in cutblock blows down..root wad tears up soil not unlike cattle leaving a mud hole which science suggest is good for creeks. Something that is ugly and messy is not necessarily bad and in an attempt to address one issue you end up smack into another .
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)