Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curiosity killed the Wolf i

Re: Curiosity killed the Wolf i

I've heard a few too many stories from friends and co workers about being caught with only the 3 rounds in the rifle and 6-8 wolves around them. or in one case, a single round in the tube and 6 wolves. yikes! I may be over thinking it but theres a box of 20 in my pack at all times.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne

Yup, a mistake I won't make again. Tired, complacent, need to pay attention out there.

We shoot identical rifles, and identical loads, so when we hastily put a pack together we mistakenly took the second clip.

I rarely post anymore, but thought there were a few things here worth passing along.

An important learning here is be wary of the vocal wolves, but watch behind you, the ones that broke cover never made a sound and came from the opposite direction. I was looking in the direction of the ones I could hear. It was only because my rifle was behind me that I noticed the ones out in the open.

Safe travels everyone.
    Last edited by bc7mm; 09-28-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    Take a read of this. It's an paper by Valerius Geist on the myth of the friendly wolf in North America. You were being pushed to see if they could get you moving and provide them a quick bite . Geist is a retired wildlife professor from Alberta. Good read on wolves and what makes them tick.

http://www.vargfakta.se/wp-content/u...umans-pt-1.pdf
    I found this extremely interesting; especially his interpretation of scientific 'peer review' where scientists of differing opinions can be ridiculed by the mainstream and evidence that is accurate but not gathered by approved scientific means by approved scientists can be discounted regardless of its validity. In this case science is no longer reliable for accurate information.

Valerius Geist is calling into question everything he knew about wolves as an accredited biologist, respected by his peers. It is notable that in his retirement where he no longer relies on the support of his 'peers' he can make objective observations without fear of reprisal. Politics in science? Say it isn't so!