Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give me/us your hunting stories . . .

Re: Give me/us your hunting stories . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I've got a recent one that I was thinkin of sharing on here anyway, a halarious one:
    So I was in the WK hunting elk sept 11 to the 15, unfortunately I didn't get to go where I wanted due to the EK closure....so my buddy and I are exploring this new area, looking for good elk areas, we find a decent looking spot, hike to it, and start glassing, it's 8 am...massive clear cut, and way at the end of it, I spot a cow elk - awesome I'm at least seeing elk, I tell my buddy we're coming here after an early dinner...so we make it back to the spot at about 5 pm, I start glassing, and sure enough, at the tree line I spot 3 more cow elk, I'm stoked, set up my other buddy's spotting scope he lent me, and start looking frantically for anything else, especially a bull....at this point I'm excited but gotta pee like a race horse, eventually I give in and say k I gotta go..now it's warm weather with a warm westerly wind, and there's wasps and hornets everywhere, they love that warm dry weather..so I unzip my fly, and let er loose while I look around at the awesome scenery..then I feel this little landing on my d**k - it's a freaking wasp! So I'm thinkin sh$t! I start blowing trying to get this thing off my diiik, doesn't go away, so I try and lightly brush it off and it stings my right on the head of my diiik! Blood actually emerges from the sting site and I start swearing, knowing how much this is going to hurt and throb..my buddy looks over at me and says what the F is your prob? I say I just got stung on the diiiik! He just starts laughing, I go back to looking through the spotting scope wincing at every throb of my heart....and ya, it throbbed and hurt like a SOB the whole night..you know how much wasp stings normally throb, well imagine that on your sausage..
    Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Ouuuuch!! Cant imagine. Buddy was driving and one came thru the window into lap. Was wearing shorts and gets nailed in the nutz. swelled so bad couldnt walk.Ever since I get pretty excited when one deflects in off the mirrow while driving.
    Funny and nasty at the same time. My wife (who knows a bit about natural remedies that work) says for a sting, try looking around for plantain, chew some up, and apply to sting. It pulls out the venom and neutralizes it.
    https://wellnessmama.com/4638/plantain-herb-profile/
    Last edited by Buckmeister; 09-24-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Re: Give me/us your hunting stories . . .

^^^Cool, I eat common plantain out of the yard and in the bush, high in vitamins including vitamin K...I will try that the next time I get stung on the diiik lol..