Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give me/us your hunting stories . . .

Give me/us your hunting stories . . .

I'm stuck at work and will not be able to get out for at least 2 more weekends . . . let me at least live vicariously through you all.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Give me/us your hunting stories . . .

Malarkey... I'll never forget this one, and consider it one of the "best" because I shared it with my son.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...7-Spuds-Opener

Quote Originally Posted by KingBuckHunter View Post
    The best stories will never be shared here or anywhere for that matter.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I've got a recent one that I was thinkin of sharing on here anyway, a halarious one:
    So I was in the WK hunting elk sept 11 to the 15, unfortunately I didn't get to go where I wanted due to the EK closure....so my buddy and I are exploring this new area, looking for good elk areas, we find a decent looking spot, hike to it, and start glassing, it's 8 am...massive clear cut, and way at the end of it, I spot a cow elk - awesome I'm at least seeing elk, I tell my buddy we're coming here after an early dinner...so we make it back to the spot at about 5 pm, I start glassing, and sure enough, at the tree line I spot 3 more cow elk, I'm stoked, set up my other buddy's spotting scope he lent me, and start looking frantically for anything else, especially a bull....at this point I'm excited but gotta pee like a race horse, eventually I give in and say k I gotta go..now it's warm weather with a warm westerly wind, and there's wasps and hornets everywhere, they love that warm dry weather..so I unzip my fly, and let er loose while I look around at the awesome scenery..then I feel this little landing on my d**k - it's a freaking wasp! So I'm thinkin sh$t! I start blowing trying to get this thing off my diiik, doesn't go away, so I try and lightly brush it off and it stings my right on the head of my diiik! Blood actually emerges from the sting site and I start swearing, knowing how much this is going to hurt and throb..my buddy looks over at me and says what the F is your prob? I say I just got stung on the diiiik! He just starts laughing, I go back to looking through the spotting scope wincing at every throb of my heart....and ya, it throbbed and hurt like a SOB the whole night..you know how much wasp stings normally throb, well imagine that on your sausage..
    Last edited by HarryToolips; 09-23-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Lmao......

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I've got a recent one that I was thinkin of sharing on here anyway, a halarious one:
    So I was in the WK hunting elk sept 11 to the 15, unfortunately I didn't get to go where I wanted due to the EK closure....so my buddy and I are exploring this new area, looking for good elk areas, we find a decent looking spot, hike to it, and start glassing, it's 8 am...massive clear cut, and way at the end of it, I spot a cow elk - awesome I'm at least seeing elk, I tell my buddy we're coming here after an early dinner...so we make it back to the spot at about 5 pm, I start glassing, and sure enough, at the tree line I spot 3 more cow elk, I'm stoked, set up my other buddy's spotting scope he lent me, and start looking frantically for anything else, especially a bull....at this point I'm excited but gotta pee like a race horse, eventually I give in and say k I gotta go..now it's warm weather with a warm westerly wind, and there's wasps and hornets everywhere, they love that warm dry weather..so I unzip my fly, and let er loose while I look around at the awesome scenery..then I feel this little landing on my d**k - it's a freaking wasp! So I'm thinkin sh$t! I start blowing trying to get this thing off my diiik, doesn't go away, so I try and lightly brush it off and it stings my right on the head of my diiik! Blood actually emerges from the sting site and I start swearing, knowing how much this is going to hurt and throb..my buddy looks over at me and says what the F is your prob? I say I just got stung on the diiiik! He just starts laughing, I go back to looking through the spotting scope wincing at every throb of my heart....and ya, it throbbed and hurt like a SOB the whole night..you know how much wasp stings normally throb, well imagine that on your sausage..
    Ha ha to funny your old lady at home probably liked that.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Ha ha to funny your old lady at home probably liked that.
    Lol if it goes from 6 mm to 10 mm it's still a mm peter.....

Ouuuuch!! Cant imagine. Buddy was driving and one came thru the window into lap. Was wearing shorts and gets nailed in the nutz. swelled so bad couldnt walk.Ever since I get pretty excited when one deflects in off the mirrow while driving.

^^^^lol that's worse wow..

Well I started out with the Aug 15 season opener in 7-43 for any bull moose. All I saw was a friendly CO. Not including the cow and bull moose I just about hit on the hwy on the drive home. That was close. They didn't count.
    I've had boots on the ground in 7A all day, every day since September 10, except Saturdays which is daddy/daughter day. All I've called in was some guy who thought I was the six point elk dreams were made of, and a cow moose. Neither of which i'm not about to bring home. The closest I've came to an animal was when I treed a porcupine. He(or she) wasn't thrilled to see me. I spent the last work week in 7-23B and only saw fresh tracks at one of my four work sites. I hunted after work all last week, until dusk. Since the season has started,I've seen 3 bears, 4 cow moose, 1 medium sized bull moose and 2 calf moose. And a porcupine. That's not much considering I drive an average of four hours a day for work. Thank god it's not my gas money from Monday to Friday. That's in 7-15, 7-24, and various parts of 7-16 and 7-23. I haven't even seen a deer of any kind, which kind of surprises me.