Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News Release: BCWF Resident Priority Program

News Release: BCWF Resident Priority Program

News Release: BCWF Resident Priority Program

For Immediate Release - July 20th, 2015

SURREY, BC - In response to mounting concerns over British Columbians’ access to angling, hunting and outdoor recreation opportunities, the BC Wildlife Federation Board of Directors has established a Resident Priority Program.

“BCWF members and the general public are finding private gates on public roads, and experiencing reduced access to public resources, including fish and wildlife. These reductions are a result of government allocating public resources to private interests at the expense of British Columbians,” said George Wilson, President of the BC Wildlife Federation.

The aim of the program is to ensure natural resources such as fish, wildlife, water, and crown land are managed in the public interest and maintain public access, except where there are public safety and/or environmental concerns.

The heritage value of public access to BC’s natural resources and crown land is paramount to all British Columbians. Access increases the stewardship and care of these resources. Without access, the public’s interest and capacity for the protection and maintenance of natural resources is compromised.

The Resident Priority Program will develop, manage, and implement a strategy to advance the priority of our future generations to British Columbia’s natural resources. The program will strengthen and expand the outdoor user network and ensure natural resources are managed sustainably.

BC Wildlife Federation is British Columbia's largest and oldest conservation organization with over 46,000 members passionately committed to protecting, enhancing and promoting the wise use of the environment for the benefit of present and future generations. Visit www.bcwf.bc.ca for more information.

- 30 –

For more information on this issue, contact Jesse Zeman at jessezeman@gmail.com

For more information and general media inquiries, contact BCWF Marketing and Communications Coordinator Curtis Ketter at 604-882-9988 ext 233 or marketing@bcwf.bc.ca

2. Site Sponsor

Re: News Release: BCWF Resident Priority Program

Well done gents! (slow clap)
    Sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't go. That's just the way she goes Ricky

Awesome!
    Keep up the great work folks!

This is such a huge step forward for the BCWF!!

Exciting times, and what I see as just the beginning of some pretty positive stuff coming with the BCWF.

I'm very happy to see this. It has my support and I'll be encouraging others (non-hunters, etc) to consider lending their support as this effects everyone.

I'm unclear as to how this changes anything. Presumably the BCWF has always had a number of policies in this arena, and even has a paid Director of Stragegy. Isn't this the key raison d'ętre of the organization?

How will developing, managing, and implementing a "strategy" advance the priority of future generations to British Columbia’s natural resources. How will the new "strategy" strengthen and expand the outdoor user network and ensure natural resources are managed sustainably? What specifically will the new strategy do?

Perhaps I've misunderstood... has the Government abdicated their responsibilities to the BCWF? WTF?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Perhaps I've misunderstood... has the Government abdicated their responsibilities to the BCWF? WTF?
    This program will get engagement from the grassroots all the way up to the gov't! I can see this taking steps for a mass movement within the resident hunting fraternity.

Also as you are well aware, all BCWF members have a chance to vote........

No but the resident hunters of this province will change the outcome of the upcoming election.....CC see you in '17

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Dog View Post
    Registered voters in BC have a chance to vote... Is this a BCWF membership drive?
    Not at all- its an awareness of attempts at privatization of resources drive.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I'm unclear as to how this changes anything. Presumably the BCWF has always had a number of policies in this arena, and even has a paid Director of Stragegy. Isn't this the key raison d'ętre of the organization?

How will developing, managing, and implementing a "strategy" advance the priority of future generations to British Columbia’s natural resources. How will the new "strategy" strengthen and expand the outdoor user network and ensure natural resources are managed sustainably? What specifically will the new strategy do?

I think TH raises some good questions. A press release is not, in and of itself, an action.

Hopefully, the strategy is not a secret because it might change the direction of the next election. Like the hermit, I'm curious to know.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?