Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Re: What would you do?

If he's an old friend chances are you knew he smoked weed and still invited him, that shouldn't be an issue, you say he's new, did he know he was over filling the stove? Was anything said or did you let him keep doing it? Would it be an issue if it was you or your kid getting up to piss? Sounds like a bigger issue than it needs to be, let him know how you feel rather than lie to an old friend, maybe you'll get lucky and he won't want to hunt with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    Yup I would just say this is a hunt for me and my son, hope to make it a family tradition .
    I like this one the best.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I get so little time to pursue hunting,my favourite hobby. This makes it very important to me to do it the way i like, which means that not every hunting partner is the right fit for every trip. I hate the feeling of resentment that i get when people are not conforming to my ideals, realizing that they are hunting the way they want.

A long winded way of saying choose your partners carefully.

Say hay Bud, we're going to go again, just you and me, but this time, me and the boy are doin it .
    -- next time we will make a draw together for moose anywhere you want to go brah
    Then leave it alone,
    Jel -- don't lose any person you call a friend, a real friend is rare, at least treat him like another hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Just tell him you and your kid are going solo.
    What he said.
    Life is short to waste time
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I'm with tipper russ and jel
    If he's a true friend you should be able to sort things out with out BS lies
    If he doesn't fit, so be it, but be straight up about it
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I don't think the fire or bladder are good reasons to break up with a buddy. Ask yourself if you don't like that he smokes weed or how he is when is high.

I have some friends that smoke and I can't tell, others that get obviously stupid. I never mind the former getting high but I don't want to be around the other guys if they are smoking pot.

I like a beer and/or a glass or red wine and/or a scotch but it doesn't change my personality. I'd be cranky if someone said they didn't want to go hunting with me because I drink alcohol. Different if I got drunk and started picking fights or shooting at the COs truck

Up to you... always a good option to say you want this to be a solo hunt with your son.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Be straight. The truth hurts for a second. Most people, even if their initial reaction is resentment will come to appreciate your honesty.

Id tell the guy: you smoke and I don't like that on hunting trips, you f'ed up the stove, I didn't like that, you got up too many times to piss, I couldn't sleep. My kid and I are going alone this time. Maybe you can come next time.

Next time he will be different, OR he will realize you're not the hunting partner for HIM.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Sounds like you aren't looking forward to having him along which likely means a lot less enjoyable trip for your u and your son if he tags along. Just tell him it doesn't work this time.

Uh, drugs and guns? And you need to ask?
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...