Thread: finally made the jump

finally made the jump

well after years of waiting to complete my core i finally did it. now to dive head first into it
    me and the wife are thinking of doing a week long trip into region 4 mid October. maybe yahk or around creston ?
    anyone care to give some advice on that to start with since im all the way on the coast?
    super excited to get out and do some hiking and glassing for my first season though

2. Site Sponsor

Re: finally made the jump

Ryan,

I don't know that area at all but you've got the right attitude. First year will probably be all about hiking and glassing and looking for sign. In Region 4 you might get lucky and see some deer but I went a couple dry years in Region 2 before I decided I'd have better luck where there are more deer than hunters.

Welcome to the fold... you are embarking on an awesome journey.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Sending you a pm.....

The trip to region 4 was fantastic. Lots of deer spotted and ground covered. Managed to take home a unicorn 2 point whitetail buck and a few grouse. Not much around for elk which was good because most other camps left early. Great time all around

Great to hear you had a great hunt! I am heading out on November 1st for 7 days in region 1-10. Hopefully the weather turns around it's been fairly warm.