Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Domestic Dogs.

Re: Shooting Domestic Dogs.

well grew up on a farm 06 buy the door buried lots of stray dogs and shoot my own as was accused of chasing sheep as digging a hole got a call about my dog thew it in the truck and went over and thew it on there front steps WRONG DOG

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Strange as it may sound, cops aren't always up to date on actual law.
    CO's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    CO's as well.
    Ya the laws only pertain to how you put an animal down. Clearly you do it quietly and quickly and keep your mouth shut.

I'll see if I can find anything official but I think that's the problem, there's not really

This thread bring up one very important point. People need to control their dogs and keep them confined (kenneled or chained) when not supervised.

A free range dog will eventually do something it is not supposed to because it's a dog.......dogs do what dogs do.

Problem dogs are not a dog problem.......they're a stupid, irresponsible people problem...nuff said.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

..........and another reverence.......
    When we hunters have a weapon in hand, and we are in "hunting mode", and when our every nerve center is piqued to the max, not every twig breaking is from game, not every flash of movement is from our quarry, and not every dog is a wolf.

Remember, we share the outdoors with mushroom pickers, hikers, dog walkers, prospectors, and other enthusiasts, and they can all show up in the most unlikely places, at the most unlikely times.

Had a situation last year in a local shotgun zone...

Was near dark and I was walking into one last place and I could hear a dog barking well It kept getting louder and louder until I step through some cedars to find a sheppard feet from a doe snapping away. It was very hard to not "deal" with that dog but I ran him off the doe on the other hand face was tore up really badly I got close enough that it allowed me to touch it she ended up sauntering away. Just before I got back out to the truck I ran into the owner of this dog with the dog at his side and I had told him what the dog was doing, the owner simply replied saying that he always lets his dog(s) run the local game.

I will be back there this year and I will make sure to find out where he lives and give the local C.O. a call

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Strange as it may sound, cops aren't always up to date on actual law.
    Nor are many hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Nor are many hunters.
    The trick is to surround oneself with people of greater guilt, thereby being a very low priority of law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    The trick is to surround oneself with people of greater guilt, thereby being a very low priority of law enforcement.
    OR old school rednecks .... git er done !

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    This is wisdom...
    "If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."