Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting checklist . . .

Re: Hunting checklist . . .

how bout treats...i always grab a bag or 2 of halloween candy, a jar of mixed nuts/granola, some chips and a jar of olives....
    also have a good sturdy liquor store bag for heart/liver and some tp and paper towel inside a couple of rubber gloves to keep dry
    i saw trail markers on your list -as in flagging tape i assume ...i also have a small sharpie or two to make notes on a flagging if needed
    i also have a couple of small pulleys (rock exotica) for mechanical advantage if needed...
    i like to have a list like yours as well to use as reference so that i can pick and choose what i want from the list depending on the type of hunt/camping/fishing trip...
    good list...mine has things like wet suit, flippers, hip waders, fishing stuff, contact phone numbers, thermal coffee cup, cash money, medicine (including throat lozenges), frizbee, music, bug dope, photocopies of maps (disposable and for giving to partners), propane, naptha, small old piece of carpet (beside bed in wall tent), folding table, touques/hats, boating stuff (if applicable), coolers, cooking oil/butter, soaps, small waterproof container,and trigger lock key

-may have missed it but water containers

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Um... is this a backpacking trip?
    It's a week long off-grid LEH Moose Hunt. So this is becoming a super list to "pick" from.

Thanks for all of the extra input from everyone. The list is growing.

Forgot to add Lantern . . .

i doubt you'd forget it, but lighter and some fire starting stuff. Fatwood or vaseline soaked cotton balls are my favorites but cheezies make a nice snack when you don't need them to start a fire. Not Hawkins cheezies, the puff-cheezy kind.

Also, zap straps are extremely light and indispensable kit... attaches a flashlight to a barrel quite nicely.

Thanks for writing the list... I've had a few but now just throw shit in the truck and go. Reading your list made me ask myself where the range finder is...
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Second belt if you have room. Mine broke once. Polly rope does not make a good belt
    BCWF
    VIPDC

I pack less than you, but I always have an old dish towel. Good for all sorts of things. And paper towels are more versatile than toilet paper. I fold up a bunch and they take up very little space.

Also nuts. you can go a long ways on just nuts. I buy walnuts because the kids and wife don't like them, so they are never mysteriously gone when I'm heading out in a hurry.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Ax and handheld gps
    The Captain

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I also pack (some would say over-pack) just in case which has saved the day
    for both me and people I've come across that had troubles. Some items that
    have really saved the day were 'tire boots' and vulcanizing glue to patch a bad
    rip in a tire, heavy duty duct tape, and a roll of form wire. I've also gotten myself
    out of trouble, as well as others, by having a couple of pulleys , shackles, and extra
    light but strong cable.

haha you're loaded up and ready to go. i just keep a backpack on me with the necessities.