Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgewood Elk ??

Edgewood Elk ??

Heading to Edgewood area to try for a bull. Never hunted elk out there, am usually never home this time of year. Thinking the border of 4 and 8
    If anyone can offer some info I;d appreciate it

of course I'm looking for the honey holes )

TIA
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Edgewood Elk ??

I had a small spiker bull follow me around while hiking above the highway for mulies a few years back. They're in there, but would not be my first choice for an elk hunt.

Not a lot of elk but lots of hunters up there , lace up your boots and start hiking .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

^^what they said....have seen them there, but not in large numbers..talked to a local the other day from that general area, he told me that the herd is smaller due to many younger bulls being taken during the any bull bow season, I'm taking what he's saying with a grain of salt, but, I could see it being possible with the number of hunters that hit up that area..

Sending PM.....

thanks for the info
    no, not my first choice either, but gotta play the cards dealt
    Can find elk easy out that way mid winter, bet its a bigger bugger at this time .
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

What are the cards? When you leaving?
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

The joker and trump cards....seriously they are there, drive past angel falls and look at all the guys glassine across the valley from the highway.

Barnes Creek -Green Mountain - RJ

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchhead View Post
    The joker and trump cards....seriously they are there, drive past angel falls and look at all the guys glassine across the valley from the highway.
    That's why that section of highway is one of the few that have the 400m no shooting restriction ..... although to be fair IIRC it was mostly WT they used to shoot from there , and due to the terrain it had to boomer to make it worth it .