Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: good to go in the bush on our quads now

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: good to go in the bush on our quads now

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    So I wonder why 12 noon??? Is the bush somehow magically ready at noon, but not sooner?? What if its ready at dawn??? What if its not ready at noon and we have to wait till say 12:02 or 12:03???
    Well what happens is they come into work for 08:30, check there emails from 8:30-09:45, coffee break 09:45-10:15, morning meeting 10:30-11:30 and put out email decision at 12:00 noon.......this way everyone knows they were in the office being productive on that day.......
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert Retired View Post
    I think this is fake news, at least I cannot find anything official on it. Anyone else?
    ... did you read the link?!
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Glad I got my elk already, that way I don't need to listen to putt-putt-putt all over the place when I am putting a stalk on a bull.
    Yes it was so nice to be able to walk-hunt down a old forest service road or trail with hearing the putt-putt-putt or having to set aside as the quads+ S/S come racing down the roads .
    Still so funny to see some clowns on there ORV stop with there motors still running and bugling for Elk !!!!!
    Let the sh*t show begin again .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Yes it was so nice to be able to walk-hunt down a old forest service road or trail with hearing the putt-putt-putt or having to set aside as the quads+ S/S come racing down the roads .
    Still so funny to see some clowns on there ORV stop with there motors still running and bugling for Elk !!!!!
    Let the sh*t show begin again .
    I love those guys. You keep walking and all the deer that they spooked appear behind them.

Spent five days hunting and it was nice not hearing quads run all over the place. I think quads should only be used,
    if needed, to haul an animal out. Lazy man's way of hunting, unless your handicapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbuck View Post
    Spent five days hunting and it was nice not hearing quads run all over the place. I think quads should only be used,
    if needed, to haul an animal out. Lazy man's way of hunting, unless your handicapped.

or a senior..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Or both. Going out tomorrow to roar around. I got a device on my muffler that makes elk calls while I drive my atv. Can't wait to try it out.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Or both. Going out tomorrow to roar around. I got a device on my muffler that makes elk calls while I drive my atv. Can't wait to try it out.
    Now THAT FUNNY !

Wondering if any of you are planning on growing older? Or life changing illnesses or injuries ? And still try and get into the back woods and then go hunting?
    No..non of us plan on these changes...they just happen .....on some hunts I use my quad to access some areas and get some game out...don't rag the roads..nor buzz other hunters and their camps..i use my legs when I can..my truck ...airplanes to access remote lakes...iin a year of bear..deer..sheep..moose..wolf don't come in contact with many if any other hunters ...not sure where these putt putt comments fit in...? I'm just not seeing in up here..

At times I need my atv..on where and when I go..licensed and legal...far less pollution than my stinky diesel truck.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Glad I got my elk already, that way I don't need to listen to putt-putt-putt all over the place when I am putting a stalk on a bull.
    You mean these kind of stalks?

After a while sitting in the truck in the sun I guess I got sleepy.. not sure how long I was asleep, maybe 5 minutes maybe 45.. dunno..

Open my eyes finally and here is a cow elk standing in the cutblock.. glasses her with bonus, could see some more elk coming out of the timber.. one was a bull but could not tell how big with binos...

Slid out the door with the rifle and spotting scope on the tripod
    Too funny when hunters call out others for hunting the same way they do.
    Last edited by HighCountryBC; 09-21-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    I was just getting used to the peace and quiet...
    A big X 2 on that! Sigh.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"