Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Group" Hunt Problems!

"Group" Hunt Problems!

Hello All,

The group hunt is between 4 hunters that allows us to tag 2 moose. Unfortunately, it seems this year my family has caught flake-itis! They all have left me to trek forward on this hunt alone... Don't get me started.

Is this even able to be done? I was trying to investigate the necessary steps I'd have to take to document this change but was getting more confused the more research I did. Any help would be very appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: "Group" Hunt Problems!

So my friend if you have one of those LEH tags ? Go find a moose, shoot him enjoy the spoils.
    If your draw is in region 5? Send pm i might be able to help.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Seems to me your group of one can go and fill one tag ?
    Who cares where the rest of them are
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Your Family??? Wow....

isnnt there something about remaining in some form of communication with the rest of the group?
    if they are leaving now and leaving you home assumed that because you would go if you could..... cross your fingers the 3 others don't shoot 2... if they shoot one, that leaves your one

Haha great replies!
    Wait... I thought my brothers instagram today was last years moose.... Oh no! haha
    Its area 7 Srupp.

I was under the impression some paperwork had to be completed and I had to have it on hand for the necessary authorities. Am I out to lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Your Family??? Wow....

isnnt there something about remaining in some form of communication with the rest of the group?
    if they are leaving now and leaving you home assumed that because you would go if you could..... cross your fingers the 3 others don't shoot 2... if they shoot one, that leaves your one
    I read that as "they bailed on me, and I'm have to go out on my lonesome on this hunt all by myself as they are pussies and going to stay home on the couch"

If so, go kill one and cut your tag. You just can't shoot two of them is all.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I read that as "they bailed on me, and I'm have to go out on my lonesome on this hunt all by myself as they are pussies and going to stay home on the couch"

If so, go kill one and cut your tag. You just can't shoot two of them is all.
    Yup go hunt..
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHuntr View Post
    Haha great replies!
    Wait... I thought my brothers instagram today was last years moose.... Oh no! haha
    Its area 7 Srupp.

I was under the impression some paperwork had to be completed and I had to have it on hand for the necessary authorities. Am I out to lunch?
    You have to have the form where you write down who of the 4 of you harvests the moose . If I remember right , you record the name and hunter numbers

As the single hunter of a group, you can only harvest one moose. The other moose must be taken by one of the other group members.

Looks like you get a freezer full of moose!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

The only point that has not been clearly discussed here, is that if you harvest a moose, you must not only record the kill on your LEH permit, but it must also be recorded on the LEH permit of the other members of the group. This will reflect that only one moose may be harvested by any other member of the group. If you don't follow thru with this, and for any reason the other three members go hunting, the appearance on their permits is that neither tag has been used yet.