Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Video: 2017 - Jet Boat Elk Hunt on the Muskwa

Re: Video: 2017 - Jet Boat Elk Hunt on the Muskwa

First of all guys I just want to sincerely thank each of you for not only taking the time to watch but to comment on here as well. I'm getting 10x more interaction on this forum than on any of the other hunting ones I am on. That's why I love my home. Good people who support their community. I'm off to Wyoming on Saturday for Elk and am more excited than ever to make some great content for you guys!

@DarekG - I only started the channel this year so hopefully, my subscribers grow. If not that's ok, when I started it I decided this was a labour of love and I just wanted to put out good content that showed hunting in the light that I thought it deserved to be.

@Cyrus - Yeah apparently the first frost really helps kicks off the rut from what I was told and it was like 20* every day.

@monasheemountainman - Yeah I tried calling quite a bit. Bugles, cow calls, all of it. I heard one bugle the very first night and another one very early the next morning. That was also the coldest night we had. After that, it was dead quiet.

@kendoo - Yeah man I remember stopping! I almost jumped out of the boat and swam over so I could stay with you guys and keep hunting LOL. I never wanted to hunt so bad in my life as I did on the jetboat ride out. I try and explain to people that sometimes a failure like this is the best thing that can happen. Nothing fires me up more. I'm heading to Wyoming with a vengeance haha. Thanks for sharing your experience that definitely eases the pain.

Thaks again guys for all the comments and subscriptions they definitely help motivate!

Misery loves company: I just returned from a 10-day hunt on the Muskwa and ran into the same problem locating elk. They were bugling pretty good the first few days, and I managed to cow call a bull in about 100 yards away on Day 5 (saw him, but couldn't count points because of brush). Wolves moved in the following day, along with five days of hot, sunny and windy weather, and the elk clammed up.

Still, beautiful country to explore, as your videos show.

The Tuchodi was very slow this year as well. We found over a dozen elk kills from winter right on the river banks in a 1 km stretch. The wolves have been nasty. One bugle from Sept 17 to 23 and 120 kms on our boots. Tough hunting.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Your introspective on why you hunt, is one that most hunters will think of when they are out there. The appreciation of an animal when it is harvested, cannot be understood by people, until they have experienced it. With so many people so unattached at where their food comes from, they do not appreciate why a person could be a hunter!
    The vastness of our great province is one of the wonders that hits me every time I am out there in the wilderness. One feels very small when amongst the mountains. Your vids were edited well, and I liked the honesty of your narration, and the make no excuses attitude you had. In the big scheme of things, the time away from your loved ones back home, is offset by the one on one time spent with yourself, and your father, memories are as important as food in the freezer.
    Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I have felt your same emotions. I look forward for more vids in the future. Good hunting to you the rest of this season. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Unbelievable video I could not stop watching and couldn't get to part 2 fast enough as pt 1 ended. Keep video logs of all your adventures coming. Thx