Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: 2017 - Jet Boat Elk Hunt on the Muskwa

Video: 2017 - Jet Boat Elk Hunt on the Muskwa

Here's the first video of my hunt up the Muskwa this year with my old man. Had a helluva trip. The second part will be up in a few days. Good luck to everyone this fall!

https://youtu.be/XPTDJEl527A

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Video: 2017 - Jet Boat Elk Hunt on the Muskwa

Some great videos being put together this year. I like your perspective change on enjoying the process, being in that area is pretty special on its own, but I understand the time and money that goes into a trip like that, hard not to hope for finding the animals you are after.

Look forward to part 2.
    KCCO

Awesome video can’t wait to see the next one good work bud
    VEGETARIAN (vej' eter' een) n:
    Old Indian Word for
    BAD HUNTER

Awesome Video! Can't wait for the next one.

Really enjoying your video so far.
    The funny thing is sometimes we all get down if we don't see any animals or shoot a animal.
    But then a couple months down the road and you are at work and you would do anything to be out in the mountains again.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

My wife thought i was listening to a yoga video! Just kidding. I love your video. Its nice to see how you share what it feels like at times on a hunt. Whether you get an animal or not, i know i will enjoy part two.

were you the fellows that watched 4 wolves ( 1 white one ) tear down a cow elk ?
    Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Really enjoying your video so far.
    The funny thing is sometimes we all get down if we don't see any animals or shoot a animal.
    But then a couple months down the road and you are at work and you would do anything to be out in the mountains again.

Awesome! Can't wait for part 2.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoo View Post
    were you the fellows that watched 4 wolves ( 1 white one ) tear down a cow elk ?
    Yep. I was less than 100m away from the cow when she broke out of the willows with the white wolf hanging on her hind quarter. It was crazy. She sprinted about 200m to the bank of the Muskwa and leaped in. Midair the wolf let go. For some reason, that white wolf hated the water. The other ones didn't give a shit. When the cow hit the river it instantly turned red with blood. It was straight out of Nat Geo. She waited the wolves out most of the night but we're pretty sure we heard the wolves finish her off in the middle of the night. That phone skope footage I show in the video about 3 mins in is the cow that got attacked. That was the first and only time I ever left my camera gear at camp. Did you hear about it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Grasp View Post
    Yep. I was less than 100m away from the cow when she broke out of the willows with the white wolf hanging on her hind quarter. It was crazy. She sprinted about 200m to the bank of the Muskwa and leaped in. Midair the wolf let go. For some reason, that white wolf hated the water. The other ones didn't give a shit. When the cow hit the river it instantly turned red with blood. It was straight out of Nat Geo. She waited the wolves out most of the night but we're pretty sure we heard the wolves finish her off in the middle of the night. That phone skope footage I show in the video about 3 mins in is the cow that got attacked. That was the first and only time I ever left my camera gear at camp. Did you hear about it somewhere?
    Did you lend a hand and drop any wolves?
    KCCO