Thread: Upland hunting in Fort st John area

Upland hunting in Fort st John area

Going up to fort st John area in a few days. I'm hoping to find some areas where a person could hunt grouse on public land. If I could get permission on some places for waterfowl or sharp tails that would be awesome. I don't really know anyone up there. How does one go about doing that? Just asking I guess? Are people open to That?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Upland hunting in Fort st John area

When it comes to getting permission on any private land anywhere all you can do is roll the dice and ask. Be respectful and do it face to face worst case they say no

I dont know anyone that hunts waterfowl out that way but there will be ducks/geese around. Might be really good do to lack of pressure. I hunt waterfowl in my area and almost no one else does and hunting is good. Scout public land as well some good pockets can be found especially in low pressure areas

Never heard of sharp tails around there but have shot rough and spruce south of there. Public land in the bush

Re: Upland hunting in Fort st John area

Really no need to ask permission on private land for grouse. Lots of opportunities on crown land. Hundreds of kilometers of bush roads to explore.
    Loads of both ruffed and spruce grouse last year but very few so far this year. Lots of sloughs and borrow pits that are often frequented by ducks.