Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

Re: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    There was one several years ago just out of pemberton where a Samoyed was shot in a multiuser area popular with hunters, Mtn bikers, and dog walkers. The undeveloped area abuts residential development. Rumors circulated that the dog was chasing a deer - owner denied that. Either way, the general public was pissed. Rightfully, imho.
    That was my Samoyed while I was biking with my wife. It was not chasing deer

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Now lets just look at this scenario from a different perspective....

You are out walking slowly down a road, with your rifle over your shoulder, looking for legal game.

In front of you, a canine runs out on the road, and you can hear multiple other animals also in the brush running and breaking sticks. You immediately react before you completely process what you are seeing, and your rifle is coming off your shoulder into your hands. Your heart rate increases, and your focus is on the canine on the road immediately in front of you, when multiple other canines run out.

Some of those canines appear to be nervous/aggressive at being surprised by something they didn't expect to be there. You identify them as a pack of dogs, running loose, when the first animal closest to you takes some steps towards you. Whether it is acting aggressive or not, what do you do?
    Bingo, this is close to what happened. I know the hunter, spoke to him the day after the event. I will not comment on what little he said but the above scenario is a very good place to start. He was in 2-7 though so he ****ed up thinking he was getting a chance at a wolf. Now here's what I don't understand. With all the comments, how come no one mentions the fact that she had walked into a closed rock quarry, deliberately around a closed gate? I know this because my buddy runs the quarry and was driving rock truck that day up and down and dumping near the bottom for the rocks to picked up. He has had a few run in with her and her dogs. He has explained numerous times to her it was private, unsafe and not to be in there walking her dogs as it's his lease, his gate. She always bitched about it being crown land blah blah and constantly defied him. I believe he had even talked to her that day but can't be sure. It's a very sad situation, I love my dog and can't imagine how I'd feel but...... She had been told to stay out of the area and refused to do so. I know that doesn't justify her dog being killed in anyway but, shows to the recklessness this person is know for. I live very close to her operation and see her lots while I'm out walking my dog(almost always off leash haha). If you could see what she calls dog care or walking services you'd be appalled. I've seen her walking down the road, not the shoulder, the road, with 5-6+ dogs on leashes all tied to her waist. I have commented numerous times to my friends and coworkers I'd be super pissed if I were paying for her services and saw her walking my dog, off her waist in such a manner. The dogs are tripping over themselves with all the leashes and no personal space. Again, no excuse for her dog being killed but I don't believe a word out her mouth after speaking to my buddies. She's a total anti hunter and her gofund thing I heard is being spent to further her agenda. GoFund me WTF?
    Last edited by Bear Brawler; 09-28-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Bingo, this is close to what happened. I know the hunter, spoke to him the day after the event. I will not comment on what little he said but the above scenario is a very good place to start. He was in 2-7 though so he ****ed up thinking he was getting a chance at a wolf. Now here's what I don't understand. With all the comments, how come no one mentions the fact that she had walked into a closed rock quarry, deliberately around a closed gate? I know this because my buddy runs the quarry and was driving rock truck that day up and down and dumping near the bottom for the rocks to picked up. He has had a few run in with her and her dogs. He has explained numerous times to her it was private, unsafe and not to be in there walking her dogs as it's his lease, his gate. She always bitched about it being crown land blah blah and constantly defied him. I believe he had even talked to her that day but can't be sure. It's a very sad situation, I love my dog and can't imagine how I'd feel but...... She had been told to stay out of the area and refused to do so. I know that doesn't justify her dog being killed in anyway but, shows to the recklessness this person is know for. I live very close to her operation and see her lots while I'm out walking my dog(almost always off leash haha). If you could see what she calls dog care or walking services you'd be appalled. I've seen her walking down the road, not the shoulder, the road, with 5-6+ dogs on leashes all tied to her waist. I have commented numerous times to my friends and coworkers I'd be super pissed if I were paying for her services and saw her walking my dog, off her waist in such a manner. The dogs are tripping over themselves with all the leashes and no personal space. Again, no excuse for her dog being killed but I don't believe a word out her mouth after speaking to my buddies. She's a total anti hunter and her gofund thing I heard is being spent to further her agenda. GoFund me WTF?
    I heard of this - thanks for the clarity. Sad accident, the hunter made a mistake that has now become a big mistake - the walker though should also be held accountable - you can't help people that don't want to help themselves.