Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

Re: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

Very upsetting story....only thing that upsets me more is the two comment made on this thread ....pretty disgusting for hbc memebers to type that kinda stuff.

Another reason to put hi viz on dogs. Have both mine wearing flagging tape necklaces year round, lotsa wolves here up north.

Totally agree with you scotty30-06. It's the reason I hardly venture on here anymore. Too many idiots like IslandWanderer and J_06.
    "Life's a Bitch............ then ya Die"

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
    Totally agree with you scotty30-06. It's the reason I hardly venture on here anymore. Too many idiots like IslandWanderer and J_06.
    Agree there comments are completely unacceptable to me, a great indicator of what type of people they are!

it happens...I remember when I worked forest fire fighting, one of the crew leaders worked as one of the few full time foresters in the off season..he told me about him and another guy cruising the river in a forestry boat when they spotted 2 wolves on shore...they went ashore and shot them....a few minutes later as they were recovering them and old indian fellow walks out and says...."hey you shot my dogs"..they were big husky sled type dogs with no collars or anything

Very unfortunate for sure. I don't care if you are a hunter or non hunter, to see your dog get shot would be devastating. And I do feel for the hunter. Mistakes happen and sometimes they are costly.

I'm with Fozzie, too many idiots making ridiculous posts. In this case they are either just trying to stir the pot or they are in fact quite immature. In either case, the members need to be banned.

Agree. The two posters should be banned. Too many HBC'ers have been lost over the years by being turned off by a few who show no common sense or decency. Describing the posts as inappropriate is far too mild a rebuke.

Very sad indeed, but like meny have said, put a hi vis vest or collar on. Feel bad for the hunter as well, I once had two dogs charge me in the bush, they were running off leash with a biker following, I had my cross bow and was good the biker caught up when he did. There needs to be more info put out about running dogs off leash in hunting season. These dogs were aggressive and hyped up, what would they have done comming across a doe and fawn?

I have to say I don't post often on here or am I even on here very often. The main reason for this is comments like that. I personally find these people disgusting and I guarantee you they don't have the heart or guts to say that anywhere but behind a computer. Cowards they would never say this in an actual social setting
    Last edited by fudge; 09-19-2017 at 10:50 AM.

I don't know about this island wanderer character......