Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

Re: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

J dont think she is a through and through anti. I've used her before for my dog having aggression issues with other dogs. She came to my house and seemed genuinely happy I took my dog out hunting and actually giving him the freedom that he gets in the bush. I don't hide my love for hunting and made it clear that I use him for that purpose. We even traded stories of our dogs being stalked and almost attacked by wolves while they were ON LEASH.

That being said this story seems like complete bull shit and something definitely doesn't add up. Did the hunter stick around? Did he flee?

FYI - Go Fundme campaign goals. Mostly attempting to close all hunting in the area.

Here are my questions;
    1. Was the dog shot in region 2-6 or 2-7? 2-6 has a wolf season currently, 2-7 does not.
    2. "Valley spent over 10,000 hours training the dog" That works out to 8 hours per day, every day for 3 1/2 years. I call bs.
    3. "The Squamish "nation" (read "tribe") were the first protectors" Just curious what this has to do with the incident?

Campaign Initial Goals

Goal 1: Protection of Life
    Extend the current No Hunting & No Shoot Zone from Squamish to Whistler.
    (currently from North Vancouver to the entrance of Squamish) This would extend a 400m protection of life zone on either side of the highway.
    - Make No Hunting signs and place them along the entire zone.
    - Create interpretive signs educating people on the wonderful nature and animal life that surrounds us and incorporate Squamish Nation teachings- They were the first protectors.
    Please sign the petition below
    Link

Goal 2: Training a New Generation of Service Dog
    Kaoru was used extensively at our centre to help countless children, people and everyday dogs. Valley spent over 10,000 hours training her to become the awesome pack leader she was. She was a foundation of the services we offer. We will honour her memory and train a new service leader and continue to serve our community, it's our responsibility.

Goal 3: Canine Valley 2.0
    It's bittersweet, we were days away from announcing our new centre, exciting news that will allow us to help more people and pooches. Kaoru was instrumental in helping create that vision, to make our new centre a reality. With this tragedy now engrained in us, we will ramp up our efforts in our continual betterment of our community. We will establish Kaoru's Trail, an interpretive trail that will be taken around our new centre explaining what happens when people make a stand for what's right and the impact a voice has.

Goal 4: The protection of Wolves
    The hunting and killing of wolves in British Columbia require no special permits or tags, just a valid hunting license to kill. We do not know why the hunter shot Kaoru, an assumption was that he thought it was a wolf, even though wolf hunting is not permitted where she was killed, this brought to our attention the plight of the wolf and we will stand by them.

The hunting and killing of wolves in British Columbia require no special permits or tags, just a valid hunting license to kill.
    The more I read into this, the dumber this lady sounds. What a muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    The more I read into this, the dumber this lady sounds. What a muppet.
    There are definitely some things that seem "a little off" to me.

A little Facebook creeping says she "studied at" the "Global Information Network"

http://www.valeriacalderoni.com/about-me.html

"Valeria is a Level VI member of the Global Information Network, a Professional Public Speaker, a published author, a student of Budo and a Life Coach to those who are ready to embrace the path of Self-Mastery."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

According to scamxposer, it is a cult-like scam operation.

"Global Information Network, by the notorious convicted felon and often indicted Kevin Trudeau and found at globalinformationnetwork.com, is an MLM scam of mythical proportions bordering on a cult. This company is a crime that authorities are trying to end" - http://scamxposer.com/scam-review/gl...ation-network/

Nice work caddis guy this backs my theory.

the whole deal is a hippy as con..

The hunting community is not that big if it was a regular guy someone on here would no him.

Has anyone seen or heard actual proof that this was in fact a therapy dog?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

You mean like actually certified?
    Eat your dessert first.

I agree this smells really fishy. I find it hard to believe anyone with even little bush experience would try to shoot what they thought was a wolf in the presence of nine other dogs and two humans that were supposedly within 20 feet of the incident. The C.O that interviewed the hunter wouldn't say if the hunter thought the dog was a wolf and made a mistake, why the big secret. I could see someone mistaking a Tamaskan dog for a wolf, it is a crossbreed specifically designed by dog fanciers to morphologically resemble a wolfdog.

Quote Originally Posted by longstonec View Post
    You mean like actually certified?
    Was just curious if that part of the story may be fabricated.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Sad part is folks, the media will never produce/investigate all the facts and provide that to the public.
    If the hunter was inside 400m of the highway, he is already in the wrong.
    Facts that are missing are:
    1)Wolves are on the increase, and for management reasons, hunters have been given more opportunity to put them down.
    2)Hunting season is in full swing, and many of the general public forget that...they can no longer let their dogs loose to roam around during walks (not that I think they are even allowed to let dog off leash, but I could be wrong)
    3)Public needs to be aware that Preds like Wolf are open all year....lots of places anyways.
    4)The dog had a collar, but is it easily visible?, is it black?....husky/malamutes have pretty thick hair, and at times even my dogs collar was not easily seen to be present...just saying.
    5)The owner failed to keep dog on leash, but more importantly, didn't give it much thought, and did not have any sort of
    high color bib or even ribbons on the dog.
    6)The dog "does look wolf like", more so then just about any breed, and their are lots of "white coloured wolves"....lots!
    7)That she made a statement that the "dog does not look like a deer" is true, but, the hunter probably did assume it was a wolf and not a deer to begin with (just makes it look like we are all trigger happy fools).
    That the dog was so close, and was probably just in front of the hunter (if that is a true fact), the hunter probably had a moment of "oh shit! concern" possibly for his own safety....maybe...(I have had bears and cougars at 10ft, in just a blink of an eye, but held off on the trigger,but that was me, and at any moment could have been the same reaction as the hunter in this case)

I think the only charge the hunter could face is "hunting and discharging a firearm inside the 400m rule of a highway"
    Maybe another charge of unsafe discharge etc???
    But, the media will never look into all those facts above, and they sure as hell won't "advertise" that on any public tv channel.
    Media loves the "dirty laundry" part of the story.....they do not like the "justification" part of stories....
    Justification requires mental thought....Dirty Laundry invokes Emotion, and thus "Sells"....
    Lets face it, media is a business, and some have agendas directed in one direction more so.
    Some Media has an "Anti hunting" direction quite often, probably do to the folks doing the reporting, and already being
    biased against hunting in general.

So, no matter how much we sit here and Slam the story....it does not matter....damage done!