Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pemberton buck advice

Pemberton buck advice

Hey guys,

My brother and I were able to free up a couple days around thanksgiving weekend away from the family to try and fill the freezer. We decided on Pemberton (2-10 or 2-11) for the proximity to lower mainland and sleeping accommodations. (more hunting less camp set-up for such a short time). Any advice on which roads to hunt/hike would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Two's

2. Site Sponsor

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: Pemberton buck advice

If you only have a couple days in the area and are on a mission to bring home a buck, I think I'd look to go further East myself. Deer hunting in that area prior to the rut is a pretty tough go I find. Especially if you don't know the area very well.

If so determined, I'd definitely recommend getting high into the alpine, walking ridges and looking down into the bowls. Blacktail Bucks become super cagey this time of year.

Pemby_mess Guest

On the other hand, you could treat it as more of a scouting trip, try to peg a couple nice looking areas, and increase your chances for an other trip in November.

Thanks for the info, a scouting trip is what it might turn out to be

You might try a little further north northwest past Pemberton Meadows think it's the Lillooet FSR, might be more of a late season area I heard. Then on past Pemberton, I've been on the In-SHUCK-ch FSR. There are some side roads that looked promising.

Best of luck! Let me know how it went.

cheers, VFX

Never go to region 2 to fill the freezer. If it was easy hunting you wouldn't have so many people driving by on their way to region 3, 8 etc.

Honestly, if you want to fill the freezer and accomodations are sought after go book a cabin at Tunkwa lake. Yeah, there will be hunters there but the game is waaaaaaaay easier to find than Pemberton.

Don't be inclined to go to region 2 just because there are no point restrictions so it seems easier than tagging a 4 Point in reg 3 or 8.

Remember, deer are tough to find up in that are and every hunter from Vancouver to lillooet also wants to hunt close to home

Re: D'Arcy area deer Thread

One of our favourite places for deer hunting near D’Arcy was the Microwave Forest Service Road area from the bottom & all the way to the top of the mountain(Birkenhead Peak).

LT(Lover 308 ), BH, I & a few other old hunting friends have taken more than a handful of deer from the area from 1966 to 1972 & again around 1979 the last time I was there hunting. Unbelievably scenic & rugged area with plenty of animals.

Watch out for bears. Had a few encounters, once while having only a single shot 22 (hunting grouse) & meeting a sow with 2 cubs. Turned around & ran like there was no tomorrow. They ran in the opposite direction.

Not too far away there are also the Blackwater & Birkenhead Lakes areas to hunt. My daughter went camping to Birkenhead Lake not too long ago & saw plenty of deer from the turn off.

See GETTING THERE

http://www.summitpost.org/birkenhead-peak/866501

Blackwater Lake is a small lake in the middle(see map & enlarge). Lots of deer on both sides of the lake & up to the mountains. Again watch out for bears-mostly black.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/D'A...!4d-122.478883

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

^ have you been there since the 60s and 70s? Things have changed a little, as one would expect

I live in pemberton, I normally leave myself 2 days a year find a muley in region 3 with a 100% success rate so far... takes the pressure off spending the next 2 months chasing around a suitable squamish-pemberton deer haha damn things will be the death of me.
    also in 35 years of living in the sea to sky I have seen 5 bucks on roads, and I commute to whistler and drive for a living haha. 4 were on highway 2 south of whis and 2 north. 1 was dead road kill.
    I have still never seen a buck on an fsr in region 2 lol so I'm not much help other then to potentially prevent the starvation of a fellow hunter.��
    I can't wait until I get my region 2 road buck it will be glorious! Pay back for the thousands of hours hiking around in up hill circles in the rain/slush!
    Good luck!
    Last edited by the hopper; 09-29-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Rule # 1 No talking about undies. yours or anyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    ^ have you been there since the 60s and 70s? Things have changed a little, as one would expect
    LT & I were planning a few times to hunt the area for the old times sake in late Nov. but something always came up. My daughter was in the area just recently camping at B Lake & they saw more than a few deer getting there & going back in the 10 mile +/- stretch. I think they also saw a couple of black bears.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein