Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

Re: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

My dog is bear hunting with me. He wears I high Visible harness just for this reason. He could easily be mistaken and shot.

This chick is the same chick who tried to steal my game cam in the same area after doing the dirty with boy friend in front of it, then had the nerve to call the cops on me when I asked for her to pay for the damages.. She works for a local dog walking company. She walks dogs off leash off trail and puts other peoples pets unnecessarily at risk. She knows that area his heavily hunted and full of large predators. I shook my head when I saw the newspaper. I feel for the owners of the dog and the hunter.

The owner was there with another woman/"teammate" as she put it. So maybe you are referring to the other dog walker.

Anyhow the owner has posted on her fb site that she was only 10' away from her dog when it was shot they were walking up an embankment to the fsr and putting leashes back on the dogs when it happened. She said "a hunter, a trophy hunter killed my dog" and said the hunter thought her dog was a wolf even though seven other dogs were around it and she was 10' away. 10' away?? Really?

This is does not add up. As has been stated there are big gaps of info missing. Obviously the owner is very upset rightfully so, but it seems some people are wanting to start a witch hunt. The RCMP and CO are investigating but the owner is now going further and states "we can take a stand, we can change things. Please join us on our campaign Kaoru's Trail, stay tuned for a gofundme campaign link".

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Terrible turn of events for sure, but only having heard the dog owners side of the story and a non committal RCMP spokesman, I'm far from ready to lob the hunter under the bus.

20 feet, if accurate, is a pretty close distance if you are facing an "unmarked" aggressive dog. Not saying that's how it went down, but until I hear the hunters side of the story, I'm not ruling it out.
    This....^^

"Some of the dogs were off leash", "canine rehabilitation center", "some of the dogs are already nervous to begin with", "These are dogs we get paid to work with because a lot of them have issues with people"....

Until his side comes out, why don't we hold off on throwing him under the bus?

Personally, were I to be confronted by a pack of off leash dogs that are acting nervous and potentially aggressive, the first one to start towards me is going to be in grievous danger. If you have a dog(s) that are off leash, you better be able to control them. Not condoning what happened to a therapy animal, but I could see how it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    This....^^

"Some of the dogs were off leash", "canine rehabilitation center", "some of the dogs are already nervous to begin with", "These are dogs we get paid to work with because a lot of them have issues with people"....

Until his side comes out, why don't we hold off on throwing him under the bus?

Personally, were I to be confronted by a pack of off leash dogs that are acting nervous and potentially aggressive, the first one to start towards me is going to be in grievous danger. If you have a dog(s) that are off leash, you better be able to control them. Not condoning what happened to a therapy animal, but I could see how it could happen.

Yep!! Exactly! As I said above there is allot of missing info. Only one side is being vocal.

The owner has put up a YouTube vid https://youtu.be/kldWCSiAmbU

The other dog walker was the one I had a run in with not the owner. When I reached out to her thru a mutual friend about the attempted theft of my camera and wanting it to be replaced to due to damage, she decided to call the RCMP and tell them I had my camera pointed in her bedroom and had intimate photos of her and her boyfriend. The reason things are not adding up is this women is known in town for drama and bad life choices. I actually had to send in the photos of her and her boyfriend doing the dirty in the forest to avoid being charged or investigated. I have them on cam walking dogs off leash off any trail thru the bush a decent distance from their dogs. Again putting peoples pets at risk. Im not here to slander any one or anything like that just sharing my story with the same people in the same area. I deff think this hunter is going to be in for a rough ride as these people did a good job of making my life difficult for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by ajeatoo View Post
    Yep!! Exactly! As I said above there is allot of missing info. Only one side is being vocal.

The owner has put up a YouTube vid https://youtu.be/kldWCSiAmbU
    "Killed by a trophy hunter at point blank range"

Firstly, ten feet is not point blank range. Secondly, your dog looks like wolf. Third, you admitted it being off leash.

Like others have said, until we hear the hunter's side, there is no way to pass judgment on the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    "Killed by a trophy hunter at point blank range"

Firstly, ten feet is not point blank range. Secondly, your dog looks like wolf. Third, you admitted it being off leash.

Like others have said, until we hear the hunter's side, there is no way to pass judgment on the hunter.
    i know right? Her own stories don't add up, on her fb post she says 10' but she told the newspaper 20'... https://www.facebook.com/CanineValle...83178341751425

Quote Originally Posted by ajeatoo View Post
    i know right? Her own stories don't add up, on her fb post she says 10' but she told the newspaper 20'... https://www.facebook.com/CanineValle...83178341751425
    Also, this seems a bit... off.

"Now we have to deal with the post traumatic stress of the dogs and the people"

Can any biologist chime in and let us know if there is such a thing as PTSD for dogs?