Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HBC hits an all time low !

Re: HBC hits an all time low !

Quote Originally Posted by dbergen69 View Post
    I shot my first ram this year. I won't post it on HBC. I have seen way to much sheep bashing on this forum. The pictures and story are in the facebook sheep hunting group.
    Exactly why there are no more threads, congrats on your sheep..

yeah, imgur is sure a pain to use. It takes a whole one more click to use than the so much easier Faceslap
    yupp, that one more selection, be it without changing to another page, just selecting a second choice on one page, sure makes it a chore
    and that is the resizing step, which is optional. without, it is the same steps as FB
    yeah, a real pain
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    Exactly why there are no more threads, congrats on your sheep..
    Why have sheep been bashed on here? Was it people accusing hunters of shooting non full curl rams or was it something else?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Why have sheep been bashed on here? Was it people accusing hunters of shooting non full curl rams or was it something else?

Everything from dink rams too young (but full curl so legal) just do a search if you want to read them all. Imo all threads get bashed because it doesn't suit someone else trophy image they like to open there mouth from there loveseat and ruin someone elses trophy.. So people say **** it why post.

I agree. But the people who like to post up stories do. Some have moved on to other places though. Not that I want to steer traffic from here but where did they go? Other forums or just fb. Wouldn't other forums at least have the same pic problems?

I have always tried to figure out where some went as the stories were worth following. Some are getting paid and that is great And good on them bit not all.
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    Everything from dink rams too young (but full curl so legal) just do a search if you want to read them all. Imo all threads get bashed because it doesn't suit someone else trophy image they like to open there mouth from there loveseat and ruin someone elses trophy.. So people say **** it why post.
    Likely always one hater in the crowd, but far more that like the good content
    And if someone can't tolerate the few haters, that appear just about anywhere in life, well I feel sorry for them
    Any and all hunters needs a skin
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

As a fisherman who also used to post (and at one time run) a fishing forum some people have simply moved on. It seems forums are a dying breed.

Things like Facebook and reddit are making it infinitely easier to share stories, upload images which are automatically resized and no annoying restrictions like max number of private messages etc.

Uploading pictures on reddit is a one-click process as the uploading is tied to imgur behind the scenes and can all be done very easily off mobile.

But, like I said, a lot of people have simply abandoned forums altogether. I know a lot of fishermen who just have no interest in the drama that comes with forums.

I'm still waiting for the first ever pic-filled story from the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    I'm still waiting for the first ever pic-filled story from the OP.
    Ha!
    Threads such as the one about WSS closing get 18 pages of replies. Some new guy posts a neat video of his northern hunt and not even 2 pages of replies...tells you something about the crowd.

The site content is reflective of this trend sadly.
    Twist and pull.

Facebook is cool for pictures... but the stories just don't come out the way they should.