Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HBC hits an all time low !

Re: HBC hits an all time low !

I'm taking my dad goat hunting this year... going trail clearing and scouting for him... leaving Friday for a week. With everything burnt to hell around here, all my focus is on getting my dad a goat... so hold your tits!

Maybe I'll be able to get an elusive north coast blacktail...

it also used to be way easier to use this site to load up pictures.... a couple years ago there was an update that killed that..... you could literally hit "upload pic" in your gallery and upload from where ever on your computer.... now the size limits are impossible... it stopped me from posting pics....

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    it also used to be way easier to use this site to load up pictures.... a couple years ago there was an update that killed that..... you could literally hit "upload pic" in your gallery and upload from where ever on your computer.... now the size limits are impossible... it stopped me from posting pics....
    X2 totally agree once PB booted me out I tried imgur and the same thing happened I have now given up on posting pics on HBC. This photo thing has always been a thorn in HBCs side & I suspect it stops many from posting pics and stories.

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Should be front page news, such a disaster

I'm not a sheep hunter but I do enjoy reading the exploits of other HBC members that are. I don't think I am wrong in saying that this years
    adventure reporting has been dismal. Maybe 3? outings reported? Or maybe I'm just missing something.
    Seems lots of guys were pumped earlier about heading out for a ram encounter, but few reports have emerged?
    Gone are the good ole daze
    Guess you didn't read the Patagonia bear jerky thread.

Antis have been mining this very site for pictures and stories then publishing academic research on it. Obviously their data is manipulated in such a way as to paint hunting and hunters in a very poor light.

Not sure about everyone, but for some of us, plans were interrupted by those fires etc.
    Thankfully, I will be heading up EK way tomorrow night if everything goes as planned.
    Looking forward to it....temperatures are much more inline right now with years gone by.
    These 30+ season have been a bit of a damper...partially anyways.
    Even if EK had been open, those temps were less then ideal.
    For us though down in LM, it has made it harder to decide where to go, and WHEN, to go.
    Think maybe there will be more posts coming soon....(hoping I can add a couple of pics soon!)
    Also, like people have said, posting pics from one source is lost...so are the pics, and posting pics is a little
    frustrating at times (doable!) if you only put up pics every now and then.
    Would be great to have something that works directly thru this site....but I doubt that is possible.
    And then with all the "Moles/Trolls " of late...doesn't make it as desirable either anymore.
    Won't stop me though, but, I will be more "subjective" with what I show, and make sure it is in as "good taste"
    as I can offer....not that I ever posted the more gory photos that can result at times.
    Maybe also try to offer pics that are more about the entire trip, rather than just the end result.....
    Good luck guys and gals...hope you have fun out there.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Should be front page news, such a disaster

I'm not a sheep hunter but I do enjoy reading the exploits of other HBC members that are. I don't think I am wrong in saying that this years
    adventure reporting has been dismal. Maybe 3? outings reported? Or maybe I'm just missing something.
    Seems lots of guys were pumped earlier about heading out for a ram encounter, but few reports have emerged?
    Gone are the good ole daze
    unfortunately facebook is an easier platform to post pictures too...just saying. I still actively work an sharing my successful adventures because I enjoy it, but man uploading pictures to here is a pain in the ass!
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Photos are a royal pain and without a doubt a major reason why people don't post.

This site isn't mobile friendly period.

We need a tool that allows a one click photo upload and automatically resizes the photos to some reasonable size. By default every phone and camera nowdays takes insanely large resolution photos.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Photos are a royal pain and without a doubt a major reason why people don't post.

This site isn't mobile friendly period.

We need a tool that allows a one click photo upload and automatically resizes the photos to some reasonable size. By default every phone and camera nowdays takes insanely large resolution photos.
    Bingo....the file sizes are large on cameras now!...and yes, on sight would be best, rather then 3rd party.

I shot my first ram this year. I won't post it on HBC. I have seen way to much sheep bashing on this forum. The pictures and story are in the facebook sheep hunting group.

postimg.org is a great picture hosting site. pic size doesn't matter. My hunt pictures are on that site.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"