Thread: Tumbler to Kinuseo Falls

Tumbler to Kinuseo Falls

Good Morning Hunters:

I was looking at heading up to Redfern for a late september Hunt, but given some feedback from members here, and some other conversations i had with a couple of people, I decided it wasnt worth the pain getting in there. So we have switched gears, and were looking at venturing into Kinuseo falls/monkman provincial park for a hunt. chasing both Elk and Moose ideally... Im looking to pull in my travel trailer, and another vehicle will be dragging a side by side and gear. My question is this: are there quite a few spots on the way in to setup camp? I'm assuming the place is loaded with pipelines, which should set up for some easy camping and access for the trailer?

Any hunter report for the area? I understand that only about half of the MU is open for 3 point bulls, and the rest is 6 point or better. and I was also told that part of the park around Kinuseo is closed to hunting. I hate going into new area blind, but were gonna give it a go this year.

thanks for any feedback anyone is able to give me!

cheers,

Dave
    Hunt Life

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tumbler to Kinuseo Falls

Not many pipelines, many more cut blocks. It is like the foothills on the west side of the Rockies, roads, rivers and cutblocks.....and a few coal mines.

Not sure about the hunting as I have only been there to explore and camp. Lots of nice country and some good areas to explore. I do know the rivers get some pressure, not sure about the surrounding area, but my guess is it does get hunted pretty good. But you never know until you go there. Great fishing though!!

Roads were in good shape this summer, but we are now getting rain and most of those roads are not maintained unless they are working back there, so travel with care. Lots of camping spots around, just need to find one you like.

Good luck

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Thanks SS! Appreciate it!
    Hunt Life

My advise is don't get in anywhere that you won't get out if it rains for 3 days straight. Back in 1987 my wife and I 4X4'ed back into the falls and camped. Well it rained for the entire weekend and the drive out was a nightmare. The snot clay mud hole on the way to the falls was a 3 hour push pull affair. Most people shoot the animal beside the main road.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Thanks! I think we will try to camp closer to the highway and take the side by side I .... saves us the nightmare of getting the travel trailer stuck in there lol.
    Hunt Life

The road right to the falls is all gravel, can get cars in and out. Lots of camping right at the falls. Few side roads to explore. Lots of great spots from Dawson to tumbler to camp and hunt. Pm me if you'd like more info.
    lovin the new mod 70 .308!