Thread: Elk tenderloin

Elk tenderloin

Hey guys! Anybody got some info or websites for a good rub to put on Elk tenderloins?

Thinking maybe something a bit spicy?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk tenderloin

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorHartland View Post
    Hey guys! Anybody got some info or websites for a good rub to put on Elk tenderloins?

Thinking maybe something a bit spicy?

Elk Newby HELP
    Hey guys, I've got a bull Rosie coming up! Area 13a. No idea how I got this tag because it's my first time trying! Hunted a couple of times for grouse and once for deer. But never got to shoot...

I am liking the way your are thinking............

whognu

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I use Montreal Steak spice on my deer steaks then cook on the BBQ.....mmmm awesome
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Cool Re: Elk tenderloin

Spicy Montreal Steak Spice (the new one) combined with Garlic Plus in a little melted butter - add a drop or two of either a good red wine or a quality red wine vinegar. Smother meat, BarBee - ENJOY!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

That sounds great! Thanks

I don't do anything except salt and pepper on loins personally. I go a little heavier on the pepper to give it a little kick. Like to keep as much as the natural flavor as possible on those cuts.

elk tenderloin........ salt and pepper....

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    I don't do anything except salt and pepper on loins personally. I go a little heavier on the pepper to give it a little kick. Like to keep as much as the natural flavor as possible on those cuts.
    Listen to Travalanche and 835. The tenderolins are the best part of an elk. They taste so good as-is don't ruin 'em up by over spicing.

Ive been marinating my deer in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, cracked pepper and ginger powder, let it sit and in the fridge for a day or 2 and turn it every once in a while, tastes really good if you don't over cook your meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    Exactly, save the marinade for flank steak. Salt the loins, into the fridge for a night. The juices will pull from the meat and migrate back in. Save the pepper for near the end as it burns easily on a grill. Pop a bottle of whatever you enjoy and stuff your face!
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...