Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern BC Fly In Expedition

Northern BC Fly In Expedition

Check out my 10 Day Fly In Hunt Video (Link Below). We took off into the wilderness of Northern BC, on our first DIY sheep hunt. It started as a sheep hunt, but after 6 days and 0 Rams, we turned our attention to a nice caribou bull.

In total, we saw 47 sheep (no rams), 30 goats, 3 caribou & 1 moose. We saw our caribou bull on day 3, but were determined to sheep hunt until day 6. We put a long stalk on him the evening of day 6, but he slipped past us. He didn't get so lucky on day 7. Took 2 days to pack him out. Pack going in was 64lbs, pack coming out was 115lbs.

In the months leading up, I trained for the hunt by competing in 2 triathlons & 1 very difficult half marathon.... The Emperor's Challenge. Getting into Sheep Shape is no easy task.

The video has beautiful scenery, lots of animals and some good, light hearted fun. Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/0X0vCNJrccw
    Last edited by codybart; 09-18-2017 at 05:12 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Northern BC Fly In Expedition

downloaded it for the gym... cant wait to see it

Nice, thank you!

That many sheep and no rams? Crazy.

Great video. Well filmed and put together.
    Sounds like a hell of a pack out.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    That many sheep and no rams? Crazy.

Great video. Well filmed and put together.
    Sounds like a hell of a pack out.
    Yea, we were thinking it was crazy too. Although since it was our first sheep hunt, didn't really know what was normal. And yea the pack out was tough. Some people can't believe we chose to shoot a caribou that far in ha I guess its nice to be young and dumb sometimes. Sure made for a memorable trip.

Thanks for the nice reviews!

Thanks for sharing. Im guessing you'd have found rams if you kept glassing longer in some of those basins. It took 6 days of non stop glassing on my last hunt before even 1 sheep was spotted...he was the only sheep we found but was a good one. You can glass all day, then suddenly sheep appear out of thin air right in front of you out in the open...chalk it up as a learning experience.
    Congrats on the caribou bull. Nice to go with a mixed bag approach if you truly are in it for that experience and not just a single species. If you're after a sheep, in general, you need to forget about the other stuff.
    Twist and pull.

Great filming, wonderful scenery..my guess is you traveled far and should have used that exellent glass bit more..it's a steep curve..rams were there somewhere.great filming on the bou"..i Really enjoyed your video and your hunt.2 tough guys with determination.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Srupp

That was awesome...thanks for sharing

Great trip and video, looks like you had a great trip, and yes very nice bottoms on the moose.

Well done, memorable for sure I bet
    You found sheep country but that doesn't necessarily mean you found ram country
    P/U on some more of their biology to help make future decisions go your way
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole