Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: moose in manning park

Re: moose in manning park

Theres been moose sighting in alot of parts of region 2....only makes sense that they moved west from manning park area....aswell as south from central bc.....but to see them in manning woukdnt surprise me at all.

Hopefully a population can build itself up in the Harrison area!
    "Food, water, supplies, medicine, the essentials, Rick"

Quote Originally Posted by BCptown View Post
    I take highway 3 all the time as my brother and I own a cabin on the outskirts of Princeton. I have only ever seen one moose in Manning park, closer to east gate however, I have seen people on here saying they have seen moose in the waters at Sunshine Valley.....
    How are the critters faring up there [Princeton]? Just retrieved a trail camera up that way and the doe, bear cub and coyote that were on it looked pretty emaciated. No bucks - ton of rabbits and a couple of fat cows.

If a guy wants to put his time in he will get his moose near eastgate. Small pockets of moose area that always have moose.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by VFX_man View Post
    How are the critters faring up there [Princeton]? Just retrieved a trail camera up that way and the doe, bear cub and coyote that were on it looked pretty emaciated. No bucks - ton of rabbits and a couple of fat cows.
    I retrieved a trail cam this weekend that was set last July. It had taken pictures for over a year and had 564 photos. Somehow the batteries were still good and the last pic it caught was on September 12, it was a Bull Moose. I had Whitetail, Mulies galore, Black bear, a bunch of Moose as well as some Coyotes. No Wolves thankfully. No Elk either, but I don't expect them in that area, East of Princeton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
    I retrieved a trail cam this weekend that was set last July. It had taken pictures for over a year and had 564 photos. Somehow the batteries were still good and the last pic it caught was on September 12, it was a Bull Moose. I had Whitetail, Mulies galore, Black bear, a bunch of Moose as well as some Coyotes. No Wolves thankfully. No Elk either, but I don't expect them in that area, East of Princeton.
    Mine was set north of Princeton on China Creek FSR, not much critter action in that area. Maybe too near the fire area?

Quote Originally Posted by VFX_man View Post
    Mine was set north of Princeton on China Creek FSR, not much critter action in that area. Maybe too near the fire area?
    China creek gets pounded pretty good. Just like the pike mtn and a-p ranch area

Last time I counted, there was only 17 moose in that area.