Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: moose in manning park

Re: moose in manning park

I don't understand why they have an open season for 2 point spike in that region , why not have a LEH for 8-04 , 8-05 for any bull
    in that region maybe 4 draws and keep the young 2 point bulls off limits and build up the heard .

Interesting thread about east of the park I'll be there most of this fall will report back on numbers I see. And a nice 4pt I'm gonna find

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    I don't understand why they have an open season for 2 point spike in that region , why not have a LEH for 8-04 , 8-05 for any bull
    In a nut shell, spike/fork offers opportunity to anyone that buys a tag �� and allows lots of escapement and protects mature breeding bulls, there is no sperm shortage.
    Add an LEH any bull, ��sure but leh alone should be repulsed by any hunter that cares to hunt
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

It's a shame about the moose, a buddy pm'ed a picture of the young bull Friday night
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    I'm more interested in a damn Mulie Buck, all I've seen this past week up here are friggin' does.
    Probably have more luck shooting one on the Hope Golf Course.
    The Hope golf course certainly sounds like a good place to "put a hole in one"

^ Very punny caddis
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Buddy nearly totaled his Pathfinder striking one just past Eastgate one year.

Well actually it was another buddy driving his Pathfinder.

He was just saying "Hey Mike, maybe you should slow down going through here at night..." when "Boom!"

It ran away.

Pretty big-hearted hunting partner. Never gave the other guy heck or complained about the multi-thousand-dollar repairs.

Found a calf moose someone shot and left Sep 15 5 years ago on Pasyten FSR, first moose I'd ever seen in the area.

I found a dead bull someone shot and left up Stirling FSR near Hedley about 14 years ago.

I had a drag race with a young bull going up Copper Mountain Road in my ore truck. I was really shocked to see him there, even more that he could run that fast and far up that 14% grade.