Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: moose in manning park

moose in manning park

Saw a dead moose by the highway today in manning and wondering if there is a good population of them around there, I was kinda surprised to see one.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: moose in manning park

Low population, that kinda sucks
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

They are there for sure. Iron Glove could speak better than I to current populations.

I worked at the resort a couple of stints in the 94 and then had a place in Eastgate in the early 2000's.

Winter, we'd see them on the edges of the highway assumedly enjoying the salt. Summertime you'd see them often just east of the lodge on the south side of the highway in what I am pretty sure is called Beaver Pond. It is a BC Parks trail and I think that it the name.

That is pretty good moose habitat east of the lodge.

I'd see the same two on my way home to Eastgate from the Bear's Den or some party in staff housing at 2 or 3 am every few weeks.

Back when we did dumb things and would tell ourselves "the car knows the way."

Moose are cool. Some of the crap I did in my 20's and early 30's turns out, not so cool. Not alone in that of course.

I take highway 3 all the time as my brother and I own a cabin on the outskirts of Princeton. I have only ever seen one moose in Manning park, closer to east gate however, I have seen people on here saying they have seen moose in the waters at Sunshine Valley.....
    "Food, water, supplies, medicine, the essentials, Rick"

I have several on my game cameras near manning
    bulls cows and calves
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Saw it this afternoon too

3-4 yr old bull

a couple miles east of sumolo grove

didnt think moose were there

headed east Friday am saw two elk in ditch - 5 pt and cow

Bull near bottom of Brenda mine, cow just past whipsaw

that's a lot of carnage for three nights

Always thought that the water at Sunshine valley looked rather Moosey. Buddy has video of a moose trotting along side his car close to the resort, not sure that its a substantial population but they are there.

I was heading up to Princeton and passed the accident right around 9:30pm Friday night. I was waved past by a firefighter but it looked bad The car was rolled onto it's side in the ditch and the Moose was laying there dead. In the darkness I thought it looked like a big Cow. It was right before the 48km to Princeton sign, just past Eastgate. I hope the people involved weren't badly hurt, it looked like serious shit though. Saw lots of game on Saturday up in the hills when I was out walking around. Nothing with 4 points though.

No moose in Manning, Iron Glove herded them all over to Tulameen
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    No moose in Manning, Iron Glove herded them all over to Tulameen
    Last time I saw a moose walking along our fence in Tulameen was at least 7 or 8 years ago. Have seen them a km or so away on the KVR at Otter Creek and a few other spots.
    Over the years have seen them in Manning while camping with the kids in the late 80's and early 90's.
    See them the odd time at the pond or whatever it is on #3 just before the Mine Hill, a dead one on the road last year on #3 a bit before Sunday Summitt and Son has seen quite a number up Whipsaw lately.
    I'm more interested in a damn Mulie Buck, all I've seen this past week up here are friggin' does.
    Probably have more luck shooting one on the Hope Golf Course.