Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: End Moose Hunt

Re: End Moose Hunt

If chief Joe gets on board it could be solved.terminate residency on Rez for non compliance worked on Sugar cane Rez.
    All preditor hunting must be encouraged..cougar, wolf, bear black and GRIZZLY..
    To save the moose all avenues must be explored..if it's shown it can't support hunting shut it down for everyone..
    I don't think they have had the time nor resources to credibly establish moose mortality..cow.bull ratios or if we have crossed the fine line of non recovery..with the species threatened they can in fact close it down to all hunting including fn.
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    As we all know the FN hunting rights are protected under Section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982. But they are not absolute. In the name of conservation & safety the number, sex & age of animals harvested must and can be controlled. In the name of safety & fair chase the FN night hunting must be repealed & stopped for ever.

I always agreed that proper management of wildlife is next to useless without having access to numbers harvested by the FN. A guessing game is simply not good enough.
    Cow & calf(1/2 female) must be stopped by all until the numbers fully recover.

The govt should show some teeth & forget about the political correctness crap.
    I agree with everything here..

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Sorry bud, it's predators. hunters second.........
    Ok thanks for the info...either way, their cow harvest needs to be stopped by the sounds of it..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Ok thanks for the info...either way, their cow harvest needs to be stopped by the sounds of it..

Yes, that is needed too.

Hmmm... I found this guy's work to be good reading. I can't help but wonder if his personal ethics/emotions have influenced his conclusions. He maintains that predator management has no effect on population health of moose. Habitat is the end all and be all...

In my view a dead pred doesn't eat... and that's a good thing.

https://www.adn.com/opinions/2017/07/16/intensive-game-management/

https://www.adn.com/author/vic-van-ballenberghe/