Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: wood stoves and fire ban

Re: wood stoves and fire ban

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    Would a tent not be considered as a temporary structure versus a building?
    shelter maybe but structure is a stretch
    I have seen some camps that would fit the structure definition, we had one that took 3 hours and 100 screws to put tin and framing together,
    on a good hunt it was temporarily up for only a couple days, but never had an approved wood stove in
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Why in the world are do guys want a fire so bad and keep looking for loopholes? It’s been clearly stated wood stoves are a no go with the current bans. This is going probably going to be the hottest, driest summer anyone has seen in BC. Just take a break from the burning ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    shelter maybe but structure is a stretch
    I have seen some camps that would fit the structure definition, we had one that took 3 hours and 100 screws to put tin and framing together,
    on a good hunt it was temporarily up for only a couple days, but never had an approved wood stove in
    Shelter or structure, my point is that neither is a building, and therefore the question being considered is mute. From what has been discussed so far it seems the rule only applies to a building.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck77 View Post
    Why in the world are do guys want a fire so bad and keep looking for loopholes? It’s been clearly stated wood stoves are a no go with the current bans. This is going probably going to be the hottest, driest summer anyone has seen in BC. Just take a break from the burning ffs.
    Have been trying to figure this out also.

Let’s just say you decide to believe your wall tent is a structure, you fire up your airtight and low and behold you start a forest fire. After the fines and possible criminal charges, you can expect the government to come after you for loses to crown timber. Hope no houses are lost, fire fighters, pilots or civis die, cause then it’s going to get real nasty. Is it really worth that - especially with fire indices so bad right now??

also shaking my head on the semantics....fireban=hot and dry....= no need for a wood stove overnight (try a blanket if you are cold)...cookstove for the food

keep colouring between the lines!

and hopefully the forest fires stay within the lines too
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGRMEISTER View Post
    keep colouring between the lines!

Seriously,having heated with wood as well as using a tin airtight in a wall tent, you don't use wood stove unless you have to, as in wet and cold. Just too much extra work. I would rather hunt, or maybe drink beer, than cut and split firewood.

But on this topic, think about the old wood cook stoves in this heat. Slaving over a hot stove has a real meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    also shaking my head on the semantics....fireban=hot and dry....= no need for a wood stove overnight (try a blanket if you are cold)...cookstove for the food
    you know I am willing to bet there are a ton of responsible, respectful users of the back country that would be able to have a fire and cause no issues. But instead we make rules for all of the sheep/idiots that have no clue/respect for anything. This is what pisses me off the most.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.