Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wood stoves and fire ban

Re: wood stoves and fire ban

We were burning charcoal briquettes. He reiterated that wood could not be burned in the stove during the fire ban.

Used my stove August up near liard, park ranger stopped looking for a guy who assaulted people at hot springs, no problem with stove. Mind you, this was wettest summer I've seen, up here.

Am I correct in thinking a diesel stove from deluxe is allowed during a fire ban?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Bump - does anyone have the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    If your wall tent was by definition a "building" then you wouldn't be aloud to "build" it on crown land.
    It would be a temporary structure, so I don't see any problem.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    If your wall tent was by definition a "building" then you wouldn't be aloud to "build" it on crown land.
    Would a tent not be considered as a temporary structure versus a building?

I agree VLD and based on my interpretation, I wouldn't be using a wood stove in my wall tent during this campfire ban. That said, I don't know what the legal definition of a building is in BC and I'm making an assumption tent is not a building.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/pu...pfires_web.pdf

My recommendation is to call a local CO and one or more of these numbers: Coastal Fire Centre (Parksville) 250 951-4222 Kamloops Fire Centre (Kamloops) 250 554-5500 Southeast Fire Centre (Castlegar) 250 365-4040 Cariboo Fire Centre (Williams Lake) 250 989-2600 Prince George Fire Centre (Prince George) 250 561-4628 Northwest Fire Centre (Smithers) 250 847-6600

deleted "duplicate post"
    Last edited by Ron.C; 07-11-2021 at 06:27 PM.

As far as I understand it a airtight stove is not a campfire and as long as you have a proper chimney attached (spark arrestor on top) it is my belief that they are allowed, fuel is not a consideration as it is not an open flame.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    As far as I understand it a airtight stove is not a campfire and as long as you have a proper chimney attached (spark arrestor on top) it is my belief that they are allowed, fuel is not a consideration as it is not an open flame.
    This is incorrect, I received the same message as th attached from the South East fire centre.

"Hi Travis. No, wood stoves cannot be used inside of tents under the Southeast Fire Centre's current wildfire bans. The use of a woodstove is not considered open burning and is allowed *IF* the fire in the stove is vented through a structure that has a flue and is incorporated in a building. But a tent isn't considered a structure or a building."