Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Your Grizzly count 2017

Re: Your Grizzly count 2017

Quote Originally Posted by BRrooster View Post
    One big boar hanging around "Boat FSR" off the 201 north of Big White.
    buddy bumped into him or another one close to this area 2 weeks ago 20 yards away apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Bio in Kamloops would most likely want to know about this one. Few years back he was surprised I had seen grizz in 3 17 multiple times. Back then a study was done on the area and they could not find grizz in 3 17

Been years since I have spoken with him but was a good guy with an open mind
    They are there.

Sow and 2 cubs in the Peace

6-29 not a one bear
    one grizzly in 6 28 to small and leh was other side of road.

Sow with 2 big cubs at 100 ft, just starting to load my rifle. Front one was just as scared as me so he turned and ran ,mom stood up and they all ran the other way.Region 7b

Bogus survey. While the responses are interesting, they are meaningless in a statistical sense. Those that have seen Grizz are going to respond, those that have not are not going to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by BRrooster View Post
    Lets do our own census . What is your Grizz sighting count this year? Number of days on your trip or out in the woods this season and total number of animals counted. What area ,(not exact directions to your secret spot......), and of course, any good stories of the encounter or sighting.
    My kids (25 ,30,and 33 years old) were out in area 7-23 for 7 days and had 4 separate sightings. Definitely 3 different bears. Super blueberry
    crop this year in that area. Small berries but tasty. We hunted in an area of about 14x10 kilometers square. Lots and lots of Bear sign , and also had 4 Black Bears sightings. And yes , we can tell a Grizz from a Blackie.
    Dozens of sightings it seems, how many where the same bears who knows but between hunting, seeing them from my machine, the drive to/from camp or just out cruising it amounts for fair amount of area. Ive been logging out 7-16 and 7-23 all summer.
    Last edited by J_06; 10-07-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Region 4-15/16 ive seen 8 this season already along koch creek and up on the cuts above fauqier

ive seen another dozen up high between whatshan/barnes/green mtn area

saw 4 up high in the mable lake area between whip creek and joss mtn last 2 days as i hit the area hard with my boots and glass
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

One large male.. swan lake area Dawson creek.

One in 3-15, wayyy upper nahatlatch
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...