Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back Roads Excess Lifted

Re: Back Roads Excess Lifted

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    How about finding a spot to camp in/on???? (say, off to the side of the road??)

Just have to use your judgement driving on off roads continlesley is a no no I would think that a CO found you camped a short distance off the main FSR they would overlook this but if a CO or other authorities caught you in your truck or other a Kilometer or more off of the main FSR you would be nailed this is what I see on the information I read

http://www.summit107.com/news/east-k...t-fire-centre/
    Last edited by hunter1947; 09-16-2017 at 05:53 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

From what I've read it's not sticking to the main FSR but sticking to any roads that are not covered in vegetation (or has two distinct tire tracks of bare dirt) and wide enough from overgrowth for a vehicle to travel without brushing the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Just have to use your judgement driving on off roads continlesley is a no no I would think that a CO found you camped a short distance off the main FSR they would overlook this but if a CO or other authorities caught you in your truck or other a Kilometer or more off of the main FSR you would be nailed this is what I see on the information I read

http://www.summit107.com/news/east-k...t-fire-centre/
    Thanks H47,

You said what I was wondering/thinking.
    I camp just off a main dirt road (the main road has no vegetation on it at all).
    But I am not going to "block" other folks obviously, so I need to at least move to the "side of it" to camp.
    I think you right, it comes to "smart judgement", and if you are just sitting/camped there, I cant see any officials
    having an issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    There is limitations for driving on the back roads says from shoulder to shoulder if grass is present youre not alowed to drive on the road that has grass or other vegetation on it
    and some CO's are being pricks about it. I have heard that if there are stray twigs, a leaf... whatever on the road they have ticketed people... you have to park on the road away from the shoulder... and then they ticket people for obstruction/improper parking...

The road must be clear of all veg - ie: no center strip with two wheel tracks... the surface must be non-native aggregate ie: not in place soil, but graded crush/fill from elsewhere... I know of people being ticketed by overzealous CO's and rcmp...
    Last edited by elch jager; 09-16-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    and some CO's are being pricks about it. I have heard that if there are stray twigs, a leaf... whatever on the road they have ticketed people... you have to park on the road away from the shoulder... and then they ticket people for obstruction/improper parking...

The road must be clear of all veg - ie: no center strip with two wheel tracks... the surface must be non-native aggregate ie: not in place soil, but graded crush/fill from elsewhere... I know of people being ticketed by overzealous CO's and rcmp...
    Don't like hearing that....there are lots of responsible folks out there, and if they are just moved to the side as to
    "not block the road", that should be fine...IMO,
    But, if someone is just driving those "restricted roads", then I understand why we would be "prohibited" and thus fined.
    I guess the CO offices phone boards will be "lighting up" in regards to that.
    There are lots of FSR's that "do not have actual camp sites".
    I can see an issue also if someone drives "way in" on a restricted/grass covered road and then says "I am camping up here"....but if someone just drives a couple of meters off a "legal dirt road", as to not block, is only fair....imo.
    Anyways, I will figure something out when I am up there.
    Hopefully rain hits there soon!!!, and they can lift that part of the ban.!!??

so is 8/10 open up yet
    can anyone post a link verifying its open

Quote Originally Posted by butthead View Post
    so is 8/10 open up yet
    can anyone post a link verifying its open
    Still restricted to main road use only. No quads, no off road.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post

99% of the authorities out there will understand if your trying to keep the road clear etc as most are sportsman themselves.
    " i have heard" could mean anything...there are still lots of people out there travelling grassy rds hunting, camping..an yes even using atvs despite the bans
    Some people get caught and like to exagerate the circumstances in their favor instead of admitting guilt..not always the case...but lets not rule it out,
    ie a "leaf" or twig...under a camper of vehicle is not the issue...
    Myself I prefer overzealous if that is in fact the case, to protect our province than to never see them out in the bush at all.
    The province still burns to date...and risk is still high
    Be careful, tread lightely, and enjoy the outdoors responsibly and respectfuly and good luck everyone on the season.

I can see CO's being concerned if... say someone drives off a legal main FSR, and drives up a spur road x amount and
    then states "this is where I was intending to camp" (fact is they drove more than say 50 yards off the legal road).
    I think if someone drove only several yards away from the legal road "as to not to block it", I can't see the CO's being
    that harsh (maybe I am wrong?).
    But, catching a campsite way up a side road, yes, I would say your asking for trouble.
    Some FSR's have camp sites true, but a lot up there do not either.
    Hopefully some rain puts that whole issue/concern to rest real shortly.