Thread: Redfern area hunt. End of September

Redfern area hunt. End of September

Hey guys and gals! Friend of mine and I are looking to change things up this year, and head to The Redfern area for elk/moose at the end of the month, leaving around September 22nd. We're debating a few different options for accommodations, and area to hunt. But we're essentially going in blind, any recommendations from anyone out there? Can we expect a huge number of hunters, we're happy to get on our feet and hike, also happy to use a side by side to get deeper into the bush than our trucks will allow.

Thanks guys!

Dave
    Hunt Life

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Redfern area hunt. End of September

I was up that way two years ago at the end of September, seemed like every corner we went around there were more hunters. We hiked quite a bit but that didn't seem to help much. Lots of nice country up there though. I would imagine it being worse seeing as the fires in the cariboo might push guys to go farther up north too.

��good luck u will need it! going in there blind,u better hope ur machines r in good shape and if u dont know the trail be prepared for a long muddy day, if its dry the mudholes wont be as bad.
    u defenatly will have to hike to get anything, u aint jumping off the bike and getting one thats for sure.

the same time we went redfern 3years ago and for goiing that far into the bush it amazes me how many people were there,1 camp had 2 big 10x20 walltents. that was the lasttime we went.
    spend a little more $ and do a flyinn its worth it.
    Last edited by tko; 09-14-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks guys! I've been researching it for the past few hours. General consensus is exactly what you guys said. We're going to change our plan..

thanks!
    Hunt Life

Well that worked.....now if more would just heed that warning of too many hunters .....)

I hear the success rate in there is reasonable?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

[QUOTE=boxhitch;1935568]Well that worked.....now if more would just heed that warning of too many hunters .....)

u can still get game but ul have to most likely work hard for it. and ur atv/sxs will take a beating on that trail,it will tax the shit of ur machine,be prepared for that. its a beautiful area go check her out! lol let us know how it went.

rent the outfitter cabins and pack light, hopefully come out heavy.
    Last edited by tko; 09-14-2017 at 03:30 PM.