Thread: 8-5 Motor vehicle for hunting closure Lawless PLEASE HELP!!??

8-5 Motor vehicle for hunting closure Lawless PLEASE HELP!!??

Hi all, im am quite confused and would really appreciate some help.
    In the synopsis it says "Motor Vehicles for Hunting closed access Lawless - Jacobson Lake FSR (MU 8-5) south of the point where it crosses Vuich Creek."

Does this mean i am not allowed to use Lawless in order to get to Tulameen if I am transporting firearms with intention to hunt near Tulameen?

and can someone also please help me identify where this location is as it is not mentioned in the Backroads map book.

thanks a lot, really don't want to have an error

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 8-5 Motor vehicle for hunting closure Lawless PLEASE HELP!!??

In your bc map books is a great resource to help you find Vuich creek, last time I drove out that way there was also a big sign on the right hand side saying no motor vehicles hunting past this point.
    I cant help you if you plan on just driving thru to get some where else. If a co stops you while your dressed for hunting and have a firearm in the vehicle your prob gonna be up sh$t creek with him.
    Everyone has their interpretations of the law. Best to call a co office and get the straight answer.
    Then post it here to help others learn.

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot get to Tulameen going way of Vuich Creek, in fact, you should not be anywhere near it.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I think you are thinking of the Lawless Britton FSR that goes through to Tulameen. The Lawless Jacobsen FSR is to the south going toward the park, there is a big sign at Vuich creek bridge that you can't miss where the vehicle access changes for hunters.

Tulameen River FSR is open and passable but closed at Vuich Cr (km 39) to motor vehicle traffic for the purpose of hunting. To clarify, you can drive to Jacobson Lk south of Vuich Cr. if you're not hunting (or supporting a hunt, moving hunting gear, etc). However, if you are hunting, park the truck or turn around at km 39.

The problem arises because the regs says "Lawless - Jacobson Lake FSR" when the road is actually Tulameen River FSR on most maps, Lawless is nowhere near there. Someone reads "Lawless" and thinks of Tulameen.