Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lawless-Jacobson lake FSR hunting restrictions PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Lawless-Jacobson lake FSR hunting restrictions PLEASE HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by stejacr View Post
    I hunted in there last week and was checked by the CO from Merrit. The signs
    are bs! The CO was also questioning the private property signs that got posted
    last weekend on a portion of the Rabitt mt road that is part of the snowmobile
    club. Looks like some jerk offs are laying claim to thier own hunting area.
    Thx for the info!
    Those signs are very authentic looking, ie BC gov blah blah, should have photographed them..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Thx for the info!
    Those signs are very authentic looking, ie BC gov blah blah, should have photographed them..
    Right from the Wildlife act: Lawless-Jacobson Lake FSR28Effective year round, in that portion of M.U. 8-05 being the Lawless-Jacobson Lake Forest Service Road (B.C. Forest Service Project No. 5104-05) southeasterly of the point where it crosses Vuich Creek. Written in the regs for the last several years as well. Saw lots of vehicles in there hunting in there the other day and that's why I brought this old post up. The rules are there despite the old decrepit sign. It was unfortunate to see so many hunters in there on atvs and driving around when this is in the regs. Only takes a few to ruin it for all.

I met a C.O. in there once. He was responding to a report of quad hunters in there.

He got really excited when he saw me on foot in a turnout, then was disappointed when he saw my bicycle.

I've cycled in with a trailer and camped out there too.

Like anywhere else, you're not going to see much from a vehicle even if you do break the law and drive in. You've got to get in the bush.

But yeah, it pissed me off too, to cycle in there 5 km uphill then meet some nitwit who can't read the regs who drove in.

Last edited by MichelD; 10-21-2018 at 10:54 AM.

That area has grown up huge!

Use to take horses down there years ago......

Did a summer drive way down there once, so nice country but waaaaaay to far to do any kind of hunt....some nice meadows 50-60 k down, IIRC!

No one gives a heck anymore about anything, especially un enforced rules and I dont blame them. Its everywhere you look, the government does it, the corporations do it without impunity so why should anyone else do it.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    No one gives a heck anymore about anything, especially un enforced rules and I dont blame them. Its everywhere you look, the government does it, the corporations do it without impunity so why should anyone else do it.

lol....point proven

I drove through there recently and was also confused. I was unable to find Vuich Creek or even Jacobson lake in real life or in the mapbook. Now that I have accessed google, I found Jacobson lake which is way south of where I went through. I crossed over from Tulameen to Britton Creek and out to the Coquihalla hwy. If I am to understand this post, the road I was on is not affected by this closure which confused the hell out of me. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding now is that the south fork at the 8km mark from the Coquihalla rest area is the road in question but does not become closed until it crosses Vuich creek around the 40km mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperdan View Post
    I drove through there recently and was also confused. I was unable to find Vuich Creek or even Jacobson lake in real life or in the mapbook. Now that I have accessed google, I found Jacobson lake which is way south of where I went through. I crossed over from Tulameen to Britton Creek and out to the Coquihalla hwy. If I am to understand this post, the road I was on is not affected by this closure which confused the hell out of me. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding now is that the south fork at the 8km mark from the Coquihalla rest area is the road in question but does not become closed until it crosses Vuich creek around the 40km mark?
    You got it right!!

There is a sign there at where the rd. crosses Vuich creek. 39km to be exact

Thanks for clarifying guys. That helps clear up a lot of confusion.