Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lawless-Jacobson lake FSR hunting restrictions PLEASE HELP!!

Lawless-Jacobson lake FSR hunting restrictions PLEASE HELP!!

Hi all, im am quite confused and would really appreciate some help.
    In the synopsis it says "Motor Vehicles for Hunting closed access Lawless - Jacobson Lake FSR (MU 8-5)south of the point where it crosses VuichCreek."

Does this mean i am not allowed to use Lawless in order to get to Tulameen if I am transporting firearms with intention to hunt near Tulameen?

and can someone also please help me identify where this location is as it is not mentioned in the Backroads map book.

thanks a lot, really don't want to have an error

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lawless-Jacobson lake FSR hunting restrictions PLEASE HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by avidhunter0 View Post
    Hi all, im am quite confused and would really appreciate some help.
    In the synopsis it says "Motor Vehicles for Hunting closed access Lawless - Jacobson Lake FSR (MU 8-5)south of the point where it crosses VuichCreek."

Does this mean i am not allowed to use Lawless in order to get to Tulameen if I am transporting firearms with intention to hunt near Tulameen?

and can someone also please help me identify where this location is as it is not mentioned in the Backroads map book.

thanks a lot, really don't want to have an error
    Chris, I've PM'd you, hope it helps.

I'm actually curious about this as well..

We transport to Tulameen all the time and noticed this over the weekend. IG care to share for all?
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    We transport to Tulameen all the time and noticed this over the weekend. IG care to share for all?
    No, I want everyone to get stopped and fined.
    As I see it, the problem is that the Regs refer to "Lawless - Jacobson FSR" whereas the road is referred to as the Tulameen River FSR ( not to be confused with the "Tulameen River Road" ) on most maps. There is a vehicle / hunting restriction on the "Tulameen River Road" at Vuich, been there for years and is well signed, there are no restrictions on Lawless or Tulameen River Road.
    When you go to Tulameen from the Coq., you take either the left fork which is Britton which then turns into Lawless and leads into Tulameen or the right fork which is Tulameen River FSR then turn onto the Tulameen River Road ( not FSR ) before you cross the Tulameen river to head into Tulameen. The Tulameen River FSR continues South past Vuich and Jacobsen Lake, it will not take you to Tulameen.
    Too many damn things there called "Tulameen" there.
    Heading up to Tulameen in a couple of hours but I'll be going via #3, don't want to get my truck all dusty.

Vuich Creek is 40K plus in....signs posted, big parking area on the right where guys would drop off horses etc... cabins on the left that were built and used by who are in Tulameen. If looking at your maps, it is pretty close to treasure mountain where the silver mine is.

After Vuich creek, the road goes for miles and miles, but, no firearms are to be transported by any motorized vehicle, no game either. Moose, deer, elk and both black and griz back in there....

That being said, if you have driven that far, you have passed tons of producing areas!

I have hunter that whole area since the very early 80's....do your homework and you will find game!

Hunted up Lawless this week..

There is a "no vehicle restriction" around the 20k mark, obviously because of the massive forest fire of 2002..

Yet there are plenty atv tracks running through the ditch where the signs are, WTF?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

As earlier indicated, the no vehicle area starts just past the road to the mine. If you don't know where that is, look up Vuich Falls, its close to there. There are ATV tracks at the closure sign because its closed for motor vehicles for the purposes of hunting. It is still open to recreational vehicle use...for the most part. There are a few branch roads asking you to not drive up because of environmental reasons. But generally speaking, the closure only relates to the aid of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by va7bkl View Post
    As earlier indicated, the no vehicle area starts just past the road to the mine. If you don't know where that is, look up Vuich Falls, its close to there. There are ATV tracks at the closure sign because its closed for motor vehicles for the purposes of hunting. It is still open to recreational vehicle use...for the most part. There are a few branch roads asking you to not drive up because of environmental reasons. But generally speaking, the closure only relates to the aid of hunting.

Nope, this is hell and gone north east of there, adjacent (west) of mt spearing.

The 2 small signs {one in a tree, one in the excavator made ditch itself) do not distinguish between hunter, non hunter...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I hunted in there last week and was checked by the CO from Merrit. The signs
    are bs! The CO was also questioning the private property signs that got posted
    last weekend on a portion of the Rabitt mt road that is part of the snowmobile
    club. Looks like some jerk offs are laying claim to thier own hunting area.