Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the odds?

Re: What are the odds?

Early season...mineral lick perhaps?

I have had spots that produce like that for all species not kidding my whitetail spot is a 300yard circle that I am not sure how many but a lot.. year after year same date same time same place.

one of my muley spots actually has dents in the bank from my tailgate backing into the uphill to load up the same spot as numerous years prior.

I have found blacktails the same and definitely moose.

I shot my biggest moose less than a km from where my dad shot his biggest 25 years prior. and bears well that's even worse and chickens too.

90percent of game 10% of area..

Looks like you've found your spot!

Weird things can happen like that. Back in the 1980s I hunted one particular ridge that ran just above a main FSR for about 150 yards, then dropped off to steep/thick crap on each end.

I killed four 4 point mule deer on that hill in 5 years. That's remarkable, but the more remarkable thing was that there was only one smaller buck that I saw that I could have killed, but it walked within 10 feet of me with his nose up a doe's ass when I was taking out my knife to gut a 4 point. Seemed that hill was a 4 point haven, no little bucks allowed.

I loaded 3 of those 4 into the truck by backing into the same little mound on the side of the road, the other was just around the corner about 75 yards away.

Maybe I should start to hunt that spot again...
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 09-13-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

my freezers got filled every yr from one location in 7-49 from 1988 to 2005..All bulls taken between 17-20th of sept and all dropped within a hundred yrd radius.
    When we were forced out of that area by the brow tine regulation we threw a dart at a map of bc and started hunting that area and on the first trip in managed 2 bulls and three bear and subsequently dropped all our game in the same cutblock there as well every trip in.
    Both locations were game dense
    Local blacktail same story

takla
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Takla,

Didn't that nice wolf you harvested come right out of one of your top secret blacktail holes,that numerous had come out of.

yup he was fat and his belly was full of blacktail...pissed me off so he got a 375 hh behind the ear.im 6'2 and holding him up his head was ubove mine and his feet on the ground,nice sized puppy
    We got skunked that yr because of that lower mainland wolf..
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

I went to my "spot" last year to find someone found out what I had already knew.

There was a time around here when Mellin-Ellen FSR was a hotspot and you were bound to get something. Now it's quite quiet in terms of activity. Gone are the days of greeting a literal herd of mulies along the road with several bucks in tow late august scouting.