Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Re: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Beachcomber, I get what you're saying.
    The problem with the un-educated stance that Weaver took up on the "trophy" hunt is the unintended consequences that will follow if he or like minded individuals succeed in eliminating one segment of hunting in BC.
    Once the dam cracks the flood follows.
    Weaver needs to sit down with all the players in the wildlife game if he is going to attemp to pass sound judgement calls.
    There are a lot more involved than a handful of resident protestors on a Victoria lawn, a small group of Coastal First Nations and the Raincoast Foundation.
    I'm damn sure he will hear a different message.

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Actually, having thought about it, could it be argued that the ethics breach occurred not when they viewed the posts without logging in but rather when they logged in, viewed posts, and engaged hunters on the HBC forum (if that is indeed what the authors did)? Pretending to be a member of this community in good standing while engaging hunters in conversation here is disingenuous at best and perhaps tantamount to a breach of the "ethics clearance" they cite in their "research".

I contacted UVic ethics department. They assured me that although one of the researchers is a member of this site, their account is dormant and they do not take part in discussions.

They also claim that since the discussions are viewable by non members / general public, there are no ethics issues with using content of this site for research.

Mods, it may be time to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    I contacted UVic ethics department. They assured me that although one of the researchers is a member of this site, their account is dormant and they do not take part in discussions.

They also claim that since the discussions are viewable by non members / general public, there are no ethics issues with using content of this site for research.

X2 totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post

Which leads to the question......who is that hbc member that is posing on this site involved in their research.
    I've been smelling bullshit for quite some time.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Which leads to the question......who is that hbc member that is posing on this site involved in their research.
    I've been smelling bullshit for quite some time.
    I think we all have a pretty good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I think we all have a pretty good idea.
    Do tell.....

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    This makes me sick. Completely sick.

To know that there are people illicitly gathering information about honest, law-abiding people who are engaged in a perfectly legal activity turns my stomach.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full

Here is one paragraph....

Addressing these limitations, recent research has studied hunter satisfactions using an innovative data source: social media. For example, Child and Darimont (2015) investigated multiple satisfactions of trophy hunters by analyzing facial expressions of hunters when posing with their prey, using photos collected from online forums and other websites. Their results indicated that the odds of true “pleasure” smiles are greater when hunters pose 1) with versus without prey; 2) with large versus small prey; and 3) with carnivore versus ungulate targets (among older men). Child and Darimont (2015) offered a generalizable achievement-oriented hypothesis, proposing that the prospect of displaying achievement associated with killing large and dangerous prey at least in part underlies the behavior of many contemporary hunters.

You pieces of sh*t are "studying" us???? You want to make determinations on wildlife management based on you "identifying and understanding 'hunter satisfactions' "??? Based on the "odds of 'true pleasure smiles' " from huntersin a picture"?? You motherf*ckers have letters behind your names and have attended a university??
    I can't believe that any school would put up with this dogshit.

To me it's (at best) disgusting, egregious, deserving of revokation of any degree....and potentially worthy of charges of fraud.

****ing shame on you.

To those of us who hunt.....let's never underestimate the lows our enemies will go.

My apologies to the mods on here, but this has pissed me off beyond belief.
    Always lol when I see studies like this, got in some fun arguments about it in my very left winger degree too. It's like they forget that people can feel two or more things at once? Pride in your kill, and meat, sense of accomplishment, sadness for the loss of life, etc. etc. etc.
    If you didn't smile they'd say it was proof you were an emotionless killer?
    It's a social more to smile in pictures so we all do it!
    If i shot a bear right now I'd be smiling purely because I wouldn't have to see my wife make that "so you didn't get meat" face.

On that note.....
    Can't wait to see Jassmine post up her first buck.
    (like that will ever happen)
    Her sharing healthy organic venison for her Raincoast anti hunting friends while they continue to systematically chip away at hunting in general ..... f*ck them.

I can't wait for Oct 10th, going to put a WT doe down, best meat on God's green earth.
    My family will enjoy every ounce.
    Will post the video of the kill just for her and her colleagues.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    On that note.....
    Can't wait to see Jassmine post up her first buck.
    (like that will ever happen)
    Her sharing healthy organic venison for her Raincoast anti hunting friends while they continue to systematically chip away at hunting in general ..... f*ck them.

I can't wait for Oct 10th, going to put a WT doe down, best meat on God's green earth.
    My family will enjoy every ounce.
    Will post the video of the kill just for her and her colleagues.

Amen to that!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    Do tell.....
    still haven't supplied them hunting pics you so called grew up with eh Jazzy . Dam hypocrite.

Go away you troll ....... You've been exposed ........ Your opinion means nothing here if you haven't noticed.