Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Re: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Actually, having thought about it, could it be argued that the ethics breach occurred not when they viewed the posts without logging in but rather when they logged in, viewed posts, and engaged hunters on the HBC forum (if that is indeed what the authors did)? Pretending to be a member of this community in good standing while engaging hunters in conversation here is disingenuous at best and perhaps tantamount to a breach of the "ethics clearance" they cite in their "research".
    I think you might be referring to our very own imbedded Raincoast activist, aka Jassmine

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    They seem to have considered the research ethics side of things: "Additionally, we selected forums where no login was required to access hunting “stories” (i.e., hunt narratives) and demographic information of members. All data were therefore publicly accessible, which was a criterion for ethics clearance (University of Victoria, protocol #12-363)."

Perhaps simply requiring that members log in to view site content will prevent - or at least limit - this sort of thing in future?
    Not all of HBC is publically accesable though.

This thread exposes who thinks the management of wildlife should be molded to suit their cause and to what depths they will go to accomplish the mission they have laid out.
    Base camp seems to be UVic.
    Raincoast is driving the bus with their installed henchmen like Darimont, Paquet, Child and Ebeling-Schuld.
    With his UVic ties where does our "Partial Premiere Weaver" fit into this present anti hunting movement that is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    This thread exposes who thinks the management of wildlife should be molded to suit their cause and to what depths they will go to accomplish the mission they have laid out.
    Base camp seems to be UVic.
    Raincoast is driving the bus with their installed henchmen like Darimont, Paquet, Child and Ebeling-Schuld.
    With his UVic ties where does our "Partial Premiere Weaver" fit into this present anti hunting movement that is going on?
    Weaver is not anti hunting and has had numerous arguments on radio with Falconer of Rain =coast.......

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Weaver is not anti hunting and has had numerous arguments on radio with Falconer of Rain =coast.......
    Go for it Spy.
    Weaver has shown his true colours.
    You would expect a career scientist to support science driven wildlife management based on the unbiased findings of biologists to whom we have entrusted the management of our provincial wildlife.
    Instead both Weaver and Horgan have thrown science to the wind....all for their own personal gain of votes.

Ok BR Weaver came out publicly in support of a wolf cull backed Resident Hunters when you guides stole from us and has always said he would take a scientific approach to game management. If you are referring to the Grizz hunt you got me as I don't know how he stands on it. But too label him an anti is a bit far fetched. Let's not muddy the waters with someone that could actually help "us" is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Well, he did call us hunters "barbarians," so I think his fat ass is smack dab in the middle of Darimont's camp.

Those who support him are about as smart as those who wanted to have sex with that guy named Jassmine. Duped.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok BR Weaver came out publicly in support of a wolf cull backed Resident Hunters when you guides stole from us and has always said he would take a scientific approach to game management. If you are referring to the Grizz hunt you got me as I don't know how he stands on it. But too label him an anti is a bit far fetched. Let's not muddy the waters with someone that could actually help "us" is all I'm saying.
    Spy, if I thought arguing with you would be of any gain I would dig right into your bullshit.
    In my opinion you have very little knowledge as to what goes on behind the scenes in the provincial wildlife hinged tug of war.
    You yap what you have been brainwashed into believing....and that goes beyond wildlife issues.
    Follow along with Weaver and watch your world crumble when he digs up the scientific garbage he needs to bend current policy.
    Do you think it will take Darimont & Co long to come up with a study that says wolves are being exploited and our 2 Premiers put the brakes on the wolf cull?

Oh well you boys seem to have it all figured out, keep on alienating everybody and soon you will have nobody standing behind you. With your attitude the antis have already won. Instead of trying to build bridges with the very powers that be, you love blowing them up. But hey you and FD always know what's best for Hunters

Here is what Weaver said in a Georgia Strait article 2 years ago. He is clearly not a fan of "trophy" hunting (which he apparently defines as non-residents coming to BC to hunt for a "prize" - his words, not mine, so don't go apeshit on me for citing him please). He, on the evidence of this piece, is not anti-hunting but seems to feel the need to make the distinction between "trophy hunting" vs hunting generally. I get though that he is a politician so his views are malleable and subject to change (ie his stance on Site C). Personally I am neutral on the man but this op-ed piece at least provides a record of his views on the issue.