Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Re: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Post up a selfie taken when you see "her" for the first time.

The need for 2 separate user accounts all of a sudden makes perfect sense. Haha.

"mommmmm!! Bring some more meatballs, i'm activisting!!!!

I guess when you get to that point (and lets face it, I doubt he get smany dates), it's impossible to even find it,
    and lose a few calories "manually"....so eating is the only form of "self pleasure" at that point!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    We still don't know anything with certainty. However, if true, there might be a research ethics violation with this. Informed consent is likely a requirement for research subjects.
    They seem to have considered the research ethics side of things: "Additionally, we selected forums where no login was required to access hunting “stories” (i.e., hunt narratives) and demographic information of members. All data were therefore publicly accessible, which was a criterion for ethics clearance (University of Victoria, protocol #12-363)."

Perhaps simply requiring that members log in to view site content will prevent - or at least limit - this sort of thing in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    They seem to have considered the research ethics side of things: "Additionally, we selected forums where no login was required to access hunting “stories” (i.e., hunt narratives) and demographic information of members. All data were therefore publicly accessible, which was a criterion for ethics clearance (University of Victoria, protocol #12-363)."

Perhaps simply requiring that members log in to view site content will prevent - or at least limit - this sort of thing in future?
    I think you have a good idea about requiring login to view content on HBC. Any moderators reading this who might have an opinion?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I think you have a good idea about requiring login to view content on HBC. Any moderators reading this who might have an opinion?

What!!?
    And take away all my fun hunting these type of folks down!?
    There goes my fun!!

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    What!!?
    And take away all my fun hunting these type of folks down!?
    There goes my fun!!
    Well, when you "tag one out" make sure you have decided what "smile" to have....just for the records..

Actually, having thought about it, could it be argued that the ethics breach occurred not when they viewed the posts without logging in but rather when they logged in, viewed posts, and engaged hunters on the HBC forum (if that is indeed what the authors did)? Pretending to be a member of this community in good standing while engaging hunters in conversation here is disingenuous at best and perhaps tantamount to a breach of the "ethics clearance" they cite in their "research".

Actually, having thought about it, could it be argued that the ethics breach occurred not when they viewed the posts without logging in but rather when they logged in, viewed posts, and engaged hunters on the HBC forum (if that is indeed what the authors did)? Pretending to be a member of this community in good standing while engaging hunters in conversation here is disingenuous at best and perhaps tantamount to a breach of the "ethics clearance" they cite in their "research".
    You could send an email. Also, I suspect that research shouldn't be a source of discomfort for its unwitting subjects.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Give them enough rope and maybe we can get a class action going, that should ruffle thier feathers.