Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Re: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

This makes me sick. Completely sick.

To know that there are people illicitly gathering information about honest, law-abiding people who are engaged in a perfectly legal activity turns my stomach.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full

Here is one paragraph....

Addressing these limitations, recent research has studied hunter satisfactions using an innovative data source: social media. For example, Child and Darimont (2015) investigated multiple satisfactions of trophy hunters by analyzing facial expressions of hunters when posing with their prey, using photos collected from online forums and other websites. Their results indicated that the odds of true “pleasure” smiles are greater when hunters pose 1) with versus without prey; 2) with large versus small prey; and 3) with carnivore versus ungulate targets (among older men). Child and Darimont (2015) offered a generalizable achievement-oriented hypothesis, proposing that the prospect of displaying achievement associated with killing large and dangerous prey at least in part underlies the behavior of many contemporary hunters.

You pieces of sh*t are "studying" us???? You want to make determinations on wildlife management based on you "identifying and understanding 'hunter satisfactions' "??? Based on the "odds of 'true pleasure smiles' " from huntersin a picture"?? You motherf*ckers have letters behind your names and have attended a university??
    I can't believe that any school would put up with this dogshit.

To me it's (at best) disgusting, egregious, deserving of revokation of any degree....and potentially worthy of charges of fraud.

****ing shame on you.

To those of us who hunt.....let's never underestimate the lows our enemies will go.

My apologies to the mods on here, but this has pissed me off beyond belief.

Meet a chick with hairy pits that smells like pachouli and B.O.? Seriously dude you might want to raise your standards. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    It would be worth attending. Chat with folks who have different viewpoints; maybe change a mind, or have a few laughs, maybe meet a chick.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Well... we all kinda had a feeling the sniff test wasn't passing. I have no issue with "anti" whatever people being on the site, and speaking their minds provided the rules are followed, but...... hiding your true identity with ulterior motives is kind of a chicken $hit way of doing things. Now I could understand if like minded folks as Jassmine and Kbob were getting the boot for no more than speaking their minds, then there would be some justification in the secrecy. Hell, I've played a part or two attempting to make some headway elsewhere, but was kicked regardless. End of the day, stand up for what you believe in, and you don't do that by hiding behind a user name.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozzie View Post
    Meet a chick with hairy pits that smells like pachouli and B.O.? Seriously dude you might want to raise your standards. Lol
    You're right. Admittedly, i occasionally hit up the Carlton Club.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

We still don't know anything with certainty. However, if true, there might be a research ethics violation with this. Informed consent is likely a requirement for research subjects.

Have to say thanks to those that kept at her,him or whatever. I tended to just skim over the B.S. Quite the fail on on her, his part. Ourea got under her skin and she buggered up. Funny but friggin pathetic really. Like to say good riddance but who knows what they will be hiding behind now. Suggestion for her next avatar, a rock with slime oozing out from underneath. Then we know what we're dealing with.

Just as an explanatory fyi on my post....

I am not directing anything at anyone on here, or they may or may not be. It is strictly a statement of my utter frustration and anger at the anti-hunting movement, and, based on information, how low they will clearly go to bring an end to hunting as we know it.

"If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril."

Quote Originally Posted by Lozzie View Post
    Hahaha.....that's a classic signature line, thanks for the laugh! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Hahaha.....that's a classic signature line, thanks for the laugh! K
    If you think that's funny, check out what you recently wrote:

I've actually enjoyed her posts for the most part, the majority are very factual, the others are defending her position which she really shouldn't have to if you have the ability to read or can focus long enough to understand what the articles she posts are actually saying! Don't let a few discourage you Jazzy, some of us are listening AND learning! K